PC [Crash]Unable to load Terraria

Sinjgarous

Terrarian
Whenever I try to launch the game it crashes without even showing picture beyond grey backdrop. There's no error message although I can faintly hear the starting music for a short period. I've tried uninstalling as well as removing my local saved files. I'm not sure what to try next. Any ideas are welcome.
Thank you

A quote from the FAQ for Common 1.3 Bugs might resolve your issue, try following the steps below

"2. Run from Steam Error on Startup
When encountering this issue while trying to run Terraria from Steam, it usually means that your Steam is not fully up to date. There are a few steps in order of complexity which have been shown to help with this issue.
  1. Simply restart Steam. This helps for a lot of people.
  2. Make sure your Steam version is up to date: go to the Steam tab at the top of Steam and select "Check for Steam Client Updates"
  3. a. Right click on Terraria in your library.
    b. Select "Properties"
    c. In the properties window, select the Local Files tab on the far right.
    d. Select "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" and let it work.
  4. If all of these fail, try resetting your computer."
[DOUBLEPOST=1452966368,1452966149][/DOUBLEPOST]A quote from the thread "FAQ for Common 1.3 Bugs" might resolve your problem, try following the steps below.

2. Run from Steam Error on Startup

When encountering this issue while trying to run Terraria from Steam, it usually means that your Steam is not fully up to date. There are a few steps in order of complexity which have been shown to help with this issue.
  1. Simply restart Steam. This helps for a lot of people.
  2. Make sure your Steam version is up to date: go to the Steam tab at the top of Steam and select "Check for Steam Client Updates"
  3. a. Right click on Terraria in your library.
    b. Select "Properties"
    c. In the properties window, select the Local Files tab on the far right.
    d. Select "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" and let it work.
  4. If all of these fail, try resetting your computer.

Moved this to tech support, please provide specs for your computer, as this issue could be narrowed down if we knew what you were working with.

Back
Top Bottom