Xbox One crashing in online and solo during pumpkin moon event

LOGAN DEE

Terrarian
I recently got my brothers and i playing on xbox one. i havent played for a while until the patch that allowed zooming in.
to the current game status before crash issue.
we have been playing through an older world i had for hardmode farming. but created after the update it says feb 2018.
i started a new toon and we have been going through the game progression like normal.
we went to my world for the wall of flesh so it didnt corrupt one of theirs since they are totally new.
we have gone through summoning the hardmode bosses and going from pre hardmode armor to currently they are with mythril armor i believe. i just upgraded to clorophyte and turtle armor.
we just killed plantera and did the run through the temple. we summoned a solar eclipse all good.

i have an arena i was using just left of center in frost biome (farming frost cores)
i went to upgrade it from prehardmode.
tunnel below, 3 rows of platforms with small 15 wide 6 tall box with honey and star heart statues.
i just upgraded the arena
lava trap with 6wide snow platform in the center. acuated blocks above the lava on both left and right of center... maybe 60 block each side... . central telaporter in, under center platform. edge teleporters to loop the tunnel.
added 2 teleporters with 1 sec timers looped on the 3rd platform.
below my first platform i added about 24 spikeball and 24 spear traps. 1sec timer
(actuated to background)

crash issue came during the pumpkin moon. i had enough bars for 3 summons so on 2 seperate days we have tried. first time got to about wave 12. crashed fri night. just thought it was too much on the screen. so we destroyed every tombstone and banner i had hanging from everything and tried again last night online mode 3 players. again made it to about wave 12.
i dropped party and tried solo mode
(pretty sure i was solo)
made it to wave 7 with the first pumpking i was using the teleporters on my 3rd level back and forth to kind of kite him when it crashed...
(dont want to slime invincibility myself... feel its too much cheating until ive beaten it or gotten to wave 15 by myself atleast once)

im not near the edge of the map...

i dont know if i just have too much going on...

any advice help or ways to fix it greatly appreciated.

I recently got my brothers and i playing on xbox one. i havent played for a while until the patch that allowed zooming in.
to the current game status before crash issue.
we have been playing through an older world i had for hardmode farming. but created after the update it says feb 2018.
i started a new toon and we have been going through the game progression like normal.
we went to my world for the wall of flesh so it didnt corrupt one of theirs since they are totally new.
we have gone through summoning the hardmode bosses and going from pre hardmode armor to currently they are with mythril armor i believe. i just upgraded to clorophyte and turtle armor.
we just killed plantera and did the run through the temple. we summoned a solar eclipse all good.

i have an arena i was using just left of center in frost biome (farming frost cores)
i went to upgrade it from prehardmode.
tunnel below, 3 rows of platforms with small 15 wide 6 tall box with honey and star heart statues.
i just upgraded the arena
lava trap with 6wide snow platform in the center. acuated blocks above the lava on both left and right of center... maybe 60 block each side... . central telaporter in, under center platform. edge teleporters to loop the tunnel.
added 2 teleporters with 1 sec timers looped on the 3rd platform.
below my first platform i added about 24 spikeball and 24 spear traps. 1sec timer
(actuated to background)

crash issue came during the pumpkin moon. i had enough bars for 3 summons so on 2 seperate days we have tried. first time got to about wave 12. crashed fri night. just thought it was too much on the screen. so we destroyed every tombstone and banner i had hanging from everything and tried again last night online mode 3 players. again made it to about wave 12.
i dropped party and tried solo mode
(pretty sure i was solo)
made it to wave 7 with the first pumpking i was using the teleporters on my 3rd level back and forth to kind of kite him when it crashed...
(dont want to slime invincibility myself... feel its too much cheating until ive beaten it or gotten to wave 15 by myself atleast once)

im not near the edge of the map...

i dont know if i just have too much going on...

any advice help or ways to fix it greatly appreciated.
I’d say it’s possible that there might be too much going on for the game to handle. This set up would seem to work fine on PC, and I would think should work fine on console, but if you’re crashing every time there might be a problem. How does the event handle without turning on the traps and teleporters?

I’d say it’s possible that there might be too much going on for the game to handle. This set up would seem to work fine on PC, and I would think should work fine on console, but if you’re crashing every time there might be a problem. How does the event handle without turning on the traps and teleporters?

before i added lava and traps never had an issue. its just platforms and hearts. (down side i had almost this same setup plus darts and flame traps on Xbox360)
i added spikeball trap before spears and teleporters did a solar eclipse with no issue...
i think ill try to fill inn all space below to make sure there isnt a spawn issue with mobs getting stuck.
remove lava after that incase their is a spawning distance issue...
then ill try to remove 2 sets of teleporters... after that maybe half the spear/ball traps...

so update incase anyone stumbles upon this later.
it seems the issue is the teleporters. the 1second timer wasnt allowing enough time to get off the new teleportation pad and teleporting back to the start (again and again)... great for kiting, but apparently the game couldnt handle it.
so i wired up again so all traps were active, lava active, but zero teleporters and made it to wave 14 of the pumpkin moon.
so i will try seeing if any teleporter on a 1sec loop will cause the crash (no event), or if its the combination of the 2.
if changing to a 3/5second timer changes it, or maybe just a pressure plate...
im not in a rush to break it again at the moment. but i will try to figure out the exact issue here in the future and update.

another update...
so we got to the moon lord!
the 3 of us managed to win.
i used a rocket launcher we got from a martian invasion, weird sonic blast thing.
brother used a frost staff from the winter moon event, and 2nd brother used sphere summons from pumpkin moon as the main wepons...

side note... that was epic...
got enough to make one of the solar spear things... after a first failed attempt.
beat the 2nd attempt and got the portal gun...
so what does one do... portal top and bottom... first teleport through... system crashed...
either my save file or xbox is hating teleportation...
(brand new xbox xmas deal 1T for 4k tvs)

Back
Top Bottom