Creating texture packs?

RN_FADED

Terrarian
First of all, I've never had any experience with texture packs. I'm going to list some questions that I have and hopefully someone can answer.

1. How do I access sprites and do I need permission to use them?
2. What do I use to change the sprites after #1 is complete?
3. Do I put the sprites into a .zip folder that goes in the resourcepacks folder for terraria when done?
4. Any tips when making a texture pack?

First of all, I've never had any experience with texture packs. I'm going to list some questions that I have and hopefully someone can answer.

1. How do I access sprites and do I need permission to use them?
2. What do I use to change the sprites after #1 is complete?
3. Do I put the sprites into a .zip folder that goes in the resourcepacks folder for terraria when done?
4. Any tips when making a texture pack?
1. you can edit your own using the games files (use a .xnb converter to make them pngs, have to be the same sprite size ) Find the game textures using the find local game files on steam and copying the content file
2. I use GIMP 2.0, its a free image malipulator like photoshop but ms paint or paint.net work
3. if you check the image folder from the game your textures should be in the exact spot in your own folder. So images should be in a folder called images that put into a folder called content. Zip that folder and you need to put a .json file into that zip (zip it frist so when you double click the zip you see the content and the .json)
{
"Name": "Test",
"Author": "Test",
"Description": "Test",
"Version": {
"major": 1, "minor": 0
}
}
Copy this into a notepad and name it pack.json and put it into the zip (edit wit with your name).
Once thats done you can now put it in the resource pack folder
4. Dont make the sprite bigger than the file.
if you need help heres my discord Mikey_Hor#2481

hi, so i wanted to make a dog texture and one for the cat but i can't find the sprites and their numbers and such, then someone could help me

hi, so i wanted to make a dog texture and one for the cat but i can't find the sprites and their numbers and such, then someone could help me
Cat and dog friendly NPC sprites are located with other NPCs in this diirectoryy ... > Images > TownNPCs
Names of cat npc "Cat_(type of the cat)" and for dogs is "Dog_(type of the dog)".
This should help you greatly.

Cat and dog friendly NPC sprites are located with other NPCs in this diirectoryy ... > Images > TownNPCs
Names of cat npc "Cat_(type of the cat)" and for dogs is "Dog_(type of the dog)".
This should help you greatly.
thanks, but it wasn't these dogs I was talking about, it was the puppy, what do you need Dog Whistle to spawn on

thanks, but it wasn't these dogs I was talking about, it was the puppy, what do you need Dog Whistle to spawn on
You should mentined that, they are in Projectile_(their projectile number id).
Wil check it a little bit later and edit this post if needed.

because I already looked for the id, and I found nothing
4t.png

Right there, its Projectile_334

Back
Top Bottom