Crimson or Corruption for Archer Playthrough

It really doesn't matter, maybe except Ichor/Cursed Arrows. Ichor arrows are more powerful and probably that's the only advantage. The Demon/Tendon bows are similar in powers (one is faster, one is stronger). If you want ichor, go for Crimson. If not, try Corruption.

Probably corruption, IMHO. You can make unholy arrows, and most of the corrupt enemies would be fairly easy targets, crimson stuff tends to jump around more. The only advantage to crimson I can think of is the ichor arrows much be a little more powerful than cursed arrows.

It really depends whether or not you like pre-hardmode or hardmode more. Corruption will give you more advantages for the Ranger is pre-hardmode ( craft-able unholy arrows) and Crimson will give you Ichor in hardmode.

Last edited:
Yeah for some reason I was thinking there was stuff in hardmode like Mimics that dropped better stuff on one side or the other but it was all gun stuff.

Edit: Ah right forgot to mention I was gonna play on Expert so another one I thought of was Worm Scarf vs No Worm Scarf for what world to choose.

Archer playthrough? Are you allowed to use repeaters? If not then it'd be a huge gap between Daedalus and Tsunami.

EDIT: And yeahh, you could choose what you're granted with, for me it'd be Corruption (le worm scarf > confuse brain) but Crimson has Ichor which would carry your :red: through hardmode until Moon Lord. Hell even Duke is vulnerable to Ichor, why is Cursed Innferno soooo underpowered? Devs should balance them out and giff coruption sum luv naow

Other than the ichor, the Putrid Scent may be more suitable for archers than the Flesh Knuckles.
Also, the Cured arrow have a higher base damage, as the defense cannot be negetive, it may be better when dealing with mobs with low defense and mobs immune to ichor(though both are rare).

So, I think it doesn't matter much.

as others have pointed out, for an Archer it comes down to Ichor Arrows Vs. Worm Scarf. (Unholy Arrows can be bought after beating the Brain/Eow from the arms dealer at night)

What i personally would do is: Do my main playthrough in a Crimson world, but have a separate Corrupt world just to get the Worm Scarf and Ebonkoi for Wrath Potions

Honestly I prefer having Ichor arrows, especially in Expert Mode.

The 17% damage reduction from the Worm Scarf is nice and all, but reducing the Monsters defense by a large amount is very handy.

Archer playthrough? Are you allowed to use repeaters? If not then it'd be a huge gap between Daedalus and Tsunami.
Repeaters are basically automatic crossbows and are boosted by the Archery Potion, so I'd see no rule against them.

Aside from the Worm Scarf and Ichor issue, Crimson vs. Corruption is mostly irrelevant for an archer, since in terms of actual weaponry, most arrow-shooters are present independent of the evil biome.

Repeaters are basically automatic crossbows and are boosted by the Archery Potion, so I'd see no rule against them.

Aside from the Worm Scarf and Ichor issue, Crimson vs. Corruption is mostly irrelevant for an archer, since in terms of actual weaponry, most arrow-shooters are present independent of the evil biome.

Well.. the Potion increases the damage of Arrows, so it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom