Working as Designed Crimson spread Pre HM?

MogggggBoggggg

Terrarian
It seems whenever you place dirt or mud in the evil biome, it starts to spread, even in Pre HM. I'd love to see this fixed in 1.4.5. This seems to happen on PC, Switch, Xbox, And PS4 & 5.

This is because crimson and corruption can spread Pre HM. It is simply limited to thorns and grass.

This is intentional. The Infectious biomes can still spread on dirt and mud in PHM by 1 tile. They won't be able to convert jungle until HM.

It only happens after I place dirt in the biome! not before anything else.
It is meant to spread over dirt, as well as convert pure grass if it is next to it. Placing dirt next to the Crimson grass will cause it to spread to the placed dirt block.

Here it is, made very crudely

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0 (3).png
    pixil-frame-0 (3).png
    9.2 KB · Views: 42
That is not at all what I thought you meant.
Have you used the same seed and in one placed the block and in the other not place it? Since the crimson still spreads, it might just be how it appears from your persepctive.

This has never happened before 1.4.4! I've played since 1.1 and I've never had this happen!

It has always been like this for the Corruption & Crimson from the beginning. (Crimson since 1.2) Usually the initial world generation will be made in a way where it spreads over grass then stops spreading when it hits stone/ice/ etc. until HM. If you place dirt or dirt with regular grass next to it even in PHM, it will still spread.

The Hallow will also spread like this if you bring Hallow into a PHM world.

Back
Top Bottom