Weapons & Equip Crushing Judicature, a hardmode warhammer

Do you like the Crushing Judicature

• Total voters

NyanLlama11

Terrarian
This warhammer is a slow but powerful melee weapon for late hardmode.
crushing judicature.png

Damage: 176
(hammer)Power: 100%
Knockback: 8 (extreme)
Use time: 40 (very slow)
Sell: 5
Gold_Coin.png

Tooltip: Weighs 5 tons

Crafting: Chlorophyte Bar x20
Beetle Husk x5

I can tell that you are thinking that the damage is high, an i made it that way to make the weapon viable to compleat the events with. (The weapon was balanced of of the Terra Blade's dps).

Last edited:
"Crushing Judicature" is quite a mouth full, and it doesn't really fit given that a judicature is "a forum for fact and opinion relating to all aspects of the administration of justice and its improvement," according to the American Judicature Society. Pick a more concise and descriptive name, like The Thrasher for example.

SHEEESH, even though it looks balanced, that is almost twice terra blades power. Then you combine it with ruthless... *gulps* basically, lower some attack on it if it will be that cheap. Also, how do beetle husks have anything to do with this?

Ok, so the math behind the attack power is this. A Megashark has a use time of 7, meaning that it fires every 7 frames. Therefore, its fire rate, calculated by dividing the FPS by the weapons use time, is ~8.57 rounds per second, which adds up to ~514.3 rounds per minute (taken from the wiki).
The Terra Blade has a use time of 15 and 88 base damage this means that it's dps is 352.
The Crushing Judicature has a use time of 40 and a base damage of 176, this sets it's dps to 264, almost 100 less than the Terra Blade.
The beetle husks are to gate it past Golem. :happy:

Ok, so the math behind the attack power is this. A Megashark has a use time of 7, meaning that it fires every 7 frames. Therefore, its fire rate, calculated by dividing the FPS by the weapons use time, is ~8.57 rounds per second, which adds up to ~514.3 rounds per minute (taken from the wiki).
The Terra Blade has a use time of 15 and 88 base damage this means that it's dps is 352.
The Crushing Judicature has a use time of 40 and a base damage of 176, this sets it's dps to 264, almost 100 less than the Terra Blade.
The beetle husks are to gate it past Golem. :happy:
Ok. Just saying, there are prefixes which make this OP (Agile, I believe) but otherwise, ok. Also, why not ectoplasm then? golem is a pushover and dungeon is harder.

Ok. Just saying, there are prefixes which make this OP (Agile, I believe) but otherwise, ok. Also, why not ectoplasm then? golem is a pushover and dungeon is harder.

The fastest prefix for this would be Light, which is +15% speed. The best would be Legendary, which is +15% damage and +10% speed. I'm a LITTLE fuzzy on use time calculations, but I'll make a rough estimate.

Crushing Judicature:
Stats being
: 176 DMG, 40 UT
Using Light prefix, this would have 176 DMG and ~34 UT; this results in a DPS of 310.
Using Legendary prefix, this would have 202 DMG and ~36 UT; this results in a DPS of 336.

Lets apply those same prefixes to . . .
Terra Blade:
Stats being:
88 DMG, 15 UT *
Using Light prefix, this would have 88 DMG and ~12 UT; this results in a DPS of 440
Using Legendary prefix, this would have 101 DMG, and 13 UT; this results in a DPS of 466
* Note that this is NOT counting the projectile of the Terra Blade, which deals substantial damage in addition to the swing.

So under most circumstances, the Terra Blade will be dealing about 40% more direct-hit DPS (not counting projectile), assuming all other equipment and variables is equal. Stated another way; this weapon is NOT stronger than Terra Blade, but is about 70% as strong as the Terra Blade.

The fastest prefix for this would be Light, which is +15% speed. The best would be Legendary, which is +15% damage and +10% speed. I'm a LITTLE fuzzy on use time calculations, but I'll make a rough estimate.

Crushing Judicature:
Stats being
: 176 DMG, 40 UT
Using Light prefix, this would have 176 DMG and ~34 UT; this results in a DPS of 310.
Using Legendary prefix, this would have 202 DMG and ~36 UT; this results in a DPS of 336.

Lets apply those same prefixes to . . .
Terra Blade:
Stats being:
88 DMG, 15 UT *
Using Light prefix, this would have 88 DMG and ~12 UT; this results in a DPS of 440
Using Legendary prefix, this would have 101 DMG, and 13 UT; this results in a DPS of 466
* Note that this is NOT counting the projectile of the Terra Blade, which deals substantial damage in addition to the swing.

So under most circumstances, the Terra Blade will be dealing about 40% more direct-hit DPS (not counting projectile), assuming all other equipment and variables is equal. Stated another way; this weapon is NOT stronger than Terra Blade, but is about 70% as strong as the Terra Blade.
I love it when people put math into play to counter balance concerns :)

Overall OP the suggestion isn't bad however the one issue I see is the weapon doesn't seem special enough compared to other weapons of that tier. As such I think that for the given use time and the aim of moon viable DPS the damage could actually be buffed even higher. Using the example of light and legendary prefixes
light prefix with a base damage of 190 would give 335.3 dps and legendary would give 364.2 dps so you could go beyond 190
and comparatively 200 gives 352.94 dos for light and 383.3 dps for legendary which is ~82% of the Terra blades non beam DPS if I did my calls right not sure on the beams dps...

Back
Top Bottom