**REPORTED** Cursed Dungeon Bricks not working in multiplayer [SOLVED/NOT A BUG]

MasterworkStone

Duke Fishron
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
This is my setup on our world and it's not spawning dungeon enemies, only normal cavern enemies are spawning.
@mhykhol Showed this isn't a bug, you need 250 dungeon bricks(not the wall kind) nearby for enemies to spawn.

Capture 2022-10-07 13_12_28.png

Last edited:
That sounds like your player is not considered to be in the Dungeon. Where exactly are you standing?

In addition to what Kazzymodus has said, there's been a similar private report. I'll add your thread to the report to the developers.

That sounds like your player is not considered to be in the Dungeon. Where exactly are you standing?
I've tried standing at all points of the walling I've placed here, you can specifically see where I am in this one by my light pet being out.
If you mean depth, this is in the caverns near the center of the map on a normally generated world, which is to say we didn't use a special seed.

I saw the other thread and I would like you add that no the music does not change when standing there, the natural dungeon spawns enemies fine and the music changes, but the walls made by placing cursed dungeon walls aren't doing anything.

Update: I tested it in singleplayer and it's still not working, I tried killing all the nearby NPCs but it didn't have any effect.
Update 2: Also tested green cursed bricks, didn't hear or see a change.

Attachments

• 20221009203215_1.jpg
    20221009203215_1.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
you need to be close to at least 250 dungeon blocks and be in front of cursed walls
Well you solved it. You see, I was thinking about how it works with Fargo's Mutant Mod, you just place the walls and you're good.
But with this vanilla feature, you have to make it biome worthy.

@Kazzymodus @Sigma90 This has been revealed to not be a bug, but rather a misunderstanding of game mechanics.
Used to be just the walls were considered dungeon because that's all that was possible to exist for dungeon farming in vanilla, but now that you can place your own they've expanded it into a full biome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom