Items Cursed Inferno Scythe, and Ichor Scythe

Do you like the ideas of having these items added to the game?

• Yes! sounds awesome

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • It's cool, I could live without it

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • seems a little extra.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Not good.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Heh, sudden question. Tbh I suck a lot on deciding weapons/armors stats. But I'll try to balance it out.
Damage:
-Scythe = 86 Melee DMG
-Projectile = 44 Melee DMG, plus CI DoT
ATK SPD:
Scythe swings every 3 seconds, and every 45° it shoots out a Cursed Inferno projectile. So it shoots out 2~3 projectiles every swing, but to get it to hit a single enemy, you might die.
Crit Chance:
15% for scythe, 20% for projectile
Knockback:
-Scythe = High
-Projectile = None
Tooltip:
Your body feels warm, strangely.
Damage:
-Scythe = 68 Melee DMG
-Projectile = 20 Melee DMG, plus Ichor effect
ATK SPD:
Same as TIS
Crit Chance:
18% for scythe, 23% for projectile
Knockback:
Same as TIS
Tooltip:
You suddenly feel like you're the strongest.
Welp, I'm not related to Comic Sans or anything, but this is to answer @Sothopery
Tbh, I’m with sothopery on this one. I DESPISE farming for broken hero swords. In my last playthrough with my friend we decided to give up and get an influx waver. I did eventually get one but I never really used it.

Also, why would a hero SWORD upgrade a scythe?

Tbh, I’m with sothopery on this one. I DESPISE farming for broken hero swords. In my last playthrough with my friend we decided to give up and get an influx waver. I did eventually get one but I never really used it.

Also, why would a hero SWORD upgrade a scythe?

You "Despise" farming broken hero swords....?

Not sure why... I mean, considering that Solar Eclipse is one of the most lucrative things you can do in the game for money and the swords drop off of a rather common enemy to begin with, and it isn't too uncommon to get at least two per run, I've had times that I got 3-4 in a single run, and I'd think that if you did a couple Eclipses for other things (like that awesome Yo-Yo) you'd likely have more BHS than you'd ever need, as each player only needs 3 with the vanilla game... so uh.

This sounds a little extreme.

Hoot, hoot. I lose! Well, yeah. Logic prevents a sword upgrading a scythe but this is Terraria, we are remaking logic. Jk I just give random suggestions

You "Despise" farming broken hero swords....?

Not sure why... I mean, considering that Solar Eclipse is one of the most lucrative things you can do in the game for money and the swords drop off of a rather common enemy to begin with, and it isn't too uncommon to get at least two per run, I've had times that I got 3-4 in a single run, and I'd think that if you did a couple Eclipses for other things (like that awesome Yo-Yo) you'd likely have more BHS than you'd ever need, as each player only needs 3 with the vanilla game... so uh.

This sounds a little extreme.
It took me 4 eclipses to get one.

It took me 4 eclipses to get one.

That sounds like an extreme case, or perhaps you weren't killing the Mothrons when they came out?

Unless there's been some kind of absolutely massive nerf to their drop rate since the last update.

According to wiki they have a 1-in-4 drop rate from Mothron, and I normally kill 5-6 of them at least during one Eclipse, sometimes more.

Now during 1.3.0.5, they had a 0.5% drop rate so that would be understandable.... have you tried it Lately?

That sounds like an extreme case, or perhaps you weren't killing the Mothrons when they came out?

Unless there's been some kind of absolutely massive nerf to their drop rate since the last update.

According to wiki they have a 1-in-4 drop rate from Mothron, and I normally kill 5-6 of them at least during one Eclipse, sometimes more.

Now during 1.3.0.5, they had a 0.5% drop rate so that would be understandable.... have you tried it Lately?
Jeez, RNG God really hates you, for some reason :/
I'm actually with Xylia because Hero Swords are pretty easy to get since Eclipses aren't really rare, and Mothron has a 25% drop chance for BHS.
I anyways think that the “true” upgrade isn’t necessary. I planned on doing something of the sort but decided not too.

Yeah, better not to (It'll spark a debate, like this mini-debate)
But we need more scythes! Maybe one that drops from Moon Lord?

Mothron is tough in the first place, so it is highly unlikely that you will kill one during your first eclipse (or if it even shows up during your first eclipse, depending if you fought the mechs yet)

Mothron is tough in the first place, so it is highly unlikely that you will kill one during your first eclipse (or if it even shows up during your first eclipse, depending if you faught the mechs yet)
I did beat the mechs for my first eclipse and I did beat mothron.

iT's done this time

Terraria is full of all sorts of different weapons, swords, spears, guns, staffs, and many other weapons, but the weapon that seems the most unappreciated weapons, are scythes. Personally I think scythes are some of the coolest weapons, but they seem to be forgotten in many entertainment media. There are still scythes in Terraria, I just think that 2 scythes compared to hundreds of other melee weapons is a bit to small considering the coolness of the weapon. This is why I have decided to bring justice to Terraria, and suggest 2 new scythe type weapons. These scythes will be exactly the same except for crafting and the debuff they emit.

Cursed Inferno Scythe

this variant is the one available on Corruption worlds, and looks like this:
View attachment 207978

The scythe would be crafting using
15 souls of night
20 Demonite Bars
20 Cursed Flames
5 Ectoplasm
(Mythril/orchalchum anvil)​
Ectoplasm is to assure that the weapon isn't obtained before plantera is defeated.
It has a yellow rarity, and deals 90 base melee damage, as well as fires a projectile, and inflicts the "Cursed inferno" debuff.
It can be sold for 25 Gold

Ichor Scythe
View attachment 207979

This is the variant for Crimson worlds.

Crafting it requires
15 Souls of night
20 Crimtane bars
20 Ichor
5 ectoplasm
(Mythril/orchalchum anvil)
It has a base of 85 damage, fires a projectile, and inflicts the Ichor debuff.

Cursed inferno projectile
View attachment 207981
Ichor projectile
View attachment 207980

The projectiles go forwards straight like say a terra blade beam, and leave a particle effect almost as if they had a flask for cursed flames or ichor..

I made an idea for something called the Hurtling Ichorian Scythes - It's good to see I'm not the only one who thinks it would be cool. Also, I love the sprites.
[doublepost=1553960231,1553960154][/doublepost]
iT's done this time

Terraria is full of all sorts of different weapons, swords, spears, guns, staffs, and many other weapons, but the weapon that seems the most unappreciated weapons, are scythes. Personally I think scythes are some of the coolest weapons, but they seem to be forgotten in many entertainment media. There are still scythes in Terraria, I just think that 2 scythes compared to hundreds of other melee weapons is a bit to small considering the coolness of the weapon. This is why I have decided to bring justice to Terraria, and suggest 2 new scythe type weapons. These scythes will be exactly the same except for crafting and the debuff they emit.

Cursed Inferno Scythe

this variant is the one available on Corruption worlds, and looks like this:
View attachment 207978

The scythe would be crafting using
15 souls of night
20 Demonite Bars
20 Cursed Flames
5 Ectoplasm
(Mythril/orchalchum anvil)​
Ectoplasm is to assure that the weapon isn't obtained before plantera is defeated.
It has a yellow rarity, and deals 90 base melee damage, as well as fires a projectile, and inflicts the "Cursed inferno" debuff.
It can be sold for 25 Gold

Ichor Scythe
View attachment 207979

This is the variant for Crimson worlds.

Crafting it requires
15 Souls of night
20 Crimtane bars
20 Ichor
5 ectoplasm
(Mythril/orchalchum anvil)
It has a base of 85 damage, fires a projectile, and inflicts the Ichor debuff.

Cursed inferno projectile
View attachment 207981
Ichor projectile
View attachment 207980

The projectiles go forwards straight like say a terra blade beam, and leave a particle effect almost as if they had a flask for cursed flames or ichor..

Also, How do you make those sprites.

Back
Top Bottom