Blocks & Decoration Custom Flags

Heath04🌳

Pumpking
Now this isn't a new idea but the topics I see on here are either about specific flags or are pretty unexplored. Now it doesn't need to be too fancy, like players creating each individual pixel. You can do something like Minecraft where you have set slots to create patterns then insert dyes to color it. I went ahead and whipped up a concept of the UI:

1714355423186.jpeg

I stole this UI from the Dresser then just edited it a bit ignore my poorly traced art of EoC

The concept basically is: You can put in certain items to get preset patterns and then color them with dyes, added x and y coordinates to for better customization (you can add in a 3rd slider for size change). How this would obtain is that you can have the pirate sell the required materials like a flag maker station that requires sails to make the flag or something, y'know he'd be an expert in flag making and it gives the pirate NPC some real use.

Now I just used the EoC mask as an example, you can have it be multiple different items items = 1 pattern like using the summon or shield of cthulhu all gets you the EoC pattern or Rabbit Perch/Bunny gets you a bunny pattern and so on. Some other patterns you can have are: meowmere, terraria tree/axe, some basic patterns like stripes or crosses, fallen stars/mana crystal to get stars, life crystals/life fruit for hearts.

Another idea I had was instead of having to input an item for the flag you can have the pirate have a new shop menu and he sells blank flags, you talk to him and insert the flag then navigate through patterns (similar to stylist menu) and can customize the color and such in there.

This is actually ingenious, just wondering you could be able to make the flags semi animated by using special dyes such as midnight rainbow dye, hades dye, or nebula dye .

Something that I always want but was too lazy to put into the "suggestions" thread...

+ the whole shape of the flag.

For now we can only use Banners as decorations, but they are very narrow. 😞

If banners are to be added to the game ever, they would also need to add bleach or borax along with them to remove the patterns off the banner. Maybe the borax could also be able to be used to remove colour from npc clothes and let you, the player, dye the npc clothes with something

I think borax would be cooler than bleach bc bleach is kinda always used as a cleaning agent imo. I was thinking the borax could be made at a dye vat using sand, slush, and a bit of gel. I just thought of this during a science class.

Last edited:
If banners are to be added to the game ever, they would also need to add bleach or borax along with them to remove the patterns off the banner. Maybe the borax could also be able to be used to remove colour from npc clothes and let you, the player, dye the npc clothes with something
nah, you can just add a remove pattern button or if that were implemented I'd rather just buy a new banner. having to go out of my way to get a material to clear is too inconvenient

The item could be used infinitely tho so you only need to craft one, that could make it slightly more better.

Back
Top Bottom