Portfolio/Multi-Topic darthmorf's small suggestions/additions

Do you support?

• All of them.

• Some of them.

• None of them.

• This is just here so I can see the poll results. Please DON'T choose this option.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sorry for doublepost!

-added @Baluffalo 's suggestion: frozen platforms

-added a pearlwood item buff! I need a lot of feedback on this section, as I am not very experienced with balancing.

What do you think of these, people?

I like the suggestions,possibly fixing the drop rate for the depth meter,because it is way too low.
They are easily craftable though.

I'd prefer a 15% chance to drop either part of the mining set. The miners are too rare and it's too luck-dependant. Buuuut that's just my perspective.

Have ice brick platforms instead, since ice is too common and easy to get to be able to make platforms of it :/ Oh, I see, the ice machine. Then it's okay.

You can get pearlwood the second you enter hardmode, with no effort. It shouldn't be able to replace Molten armor and its equivalents, which are much harder to get, or cobalt. Tune it down to like, 5-6-5 defense, or even 4-5-4.

Great ideas.

Last edited:
Still remember there are in game Ice Walls but non-crafteable. Why we can't craft Snow and Ice Walls when we can make Dirst and Stone Walls? Players can choose if they want be in snow or forest biome in beggining.
Snow Block = Dirt Block
Ice Block = Ice Block

Still remember there are in game Ice Walls but non-crafteable. Why we can't craft Snow and Ice Walls when we can make Dirst and Stone Walls? Players can choose if they want be in snow or forest biome in beggining.
Snow Block = Dirt Block
Ice Block = Ice Block
That's the idea ;) I'll add in ice!

Boop (I made a thing)

Ice platform.png

odd, that pearlwooden sword and bow has now a special effect,
it's not that wrong in terms of balance, but it's so weird, it's just wood found in the hallow, is it that magical? *_*

Next, we have a buff. This stuff:
Pearlwood.png
. Pearlwood. It is not available until hardmode, yet the stuff it makes is absolutely terrible. I propose to bring it up to the level it's equal to:

Pearlwood_Helmet.png
Current Defense: 2 - New defense: 8
Pearlwood_Breastplate.png
Current Defense: 3 - New defense: 9
Pearlwood_Greaves.png
Current Defense: 2 - New defense: 8
Set bonus: +1 Defense - New set bonus: extra life regen while in the hallow

Pearlwood_Sword.png
Current damage: 11 - New damage: 30 (Fires a small rainbow projectile that does 10 damage)
Pearlwood_Bow.png
Current damage: 9 - New damage: 25 (All arrows are converted into rainbows, which ark towards the player's cursor when fired, peircing 5 times and dissapearing if a block is hit.)

This brings pearlwood items up to a hardmode level, with defense and damage roughly equivalent to molten armour, but with universal class set bonuses.

I need a lot of feedback on this section, as I am not very experienced with balancing.
The armor rating makes Pearlwood Armor the same defense as Molten Armor, but I do support this. All I really ask is about the armor, is how powerful is the regeneration when you're in the Hallow (How much health do you regain per second)?
As for the weaponry, unless you're planning on making the sword have autoswing, even hitting an enemy then hitting it with the beam would do less damage than the Night's Edge. Also, what's the cooldown on the beam? We don't really know if the beam would fire with every swing or if it would fire every 10 minutes, both of which are unlikely. As for the bow suggestion, how much damage would the arrow do? Would the original effects of the arrow be kept in place, or would the rainbow have it's own damage?
Really, all the issues with this is a lack of detail.

Last edited:
The armor rating makes Pearlwood Armor the same defense as Molten Armor, but I do support this. All I really ask is about the armor, is how powerful is the regeneration when you're in the Hallow (How much health do you regain per second)?
+1 hp per second.
As for the weaponry, unless you're planning on making the sword have autoswing, even hitting an enemy then hitting it with the beam would do less damage than the Night's Edge. Also, what's the cooldown on the beam? We don't really know if the beam would fire with every swing or if it would fire every 10 minutes, both of which are unlikely.
It doesn't have auto swing, and you're right, I need to buff the damage. Maybe to 40? It fires every other swing.
As for the bow suggestion, how much damage would the arrow do? Would the original effects of the arrow be kept in place, or would the rainbow have it's own damage?
The rainbow does the damage of the arrow, but not the special effects.

.....buff the damage?
really? a legendary demonic sword where you need to sarcifice four rare swords for it is beaten by an hallowed WOODEN sword ??!!!
i know there's a lot of illogical, but doing all the effort for the night's edge only to directly swap it for a friggin plain wooden sword? no just no

just make it a bit weaker than the cobalt sword, then it's fine

.....buff the damage?
really? a legendary demonic sword where you need to sarcifice four rare swords for it is beaten by an hallowed WOODEN sword ??!!!
i know there's a lot of illogical, but doing all the effort for the night's edge only to directly swap it for a friggin plain wooden sword? no just no

just make it a bit weaker than the cobalt sword, then it's fine
Sorry, I'm getting my damage values confused... *wikis*

Ok, 34 damage it is.

Back
Top Bottom