Game Mechanics Day and Night should have Even Times (In Hardmode)

Do you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alamandra Vonn Pravus

Dungeon Spirit
I know this may get a lot of fire, but hear me out:

Day and night should be the same amount of time in the Terraria world. Yes, night is probably shorter due to the fact that more enemies spawn then, and events happen then, but this would be useful for a lot of reasons.

Now, here's some important information: Sunrise begins at 4:30 in game time. It sets at 7:30. This means there are 15 hours in the day and 9 hours in the night, which isn't very balanced.

Having a longer night would benefit those who have trouble progressing through things such as the pumpkin or frost moon. It would give more time to advance through waves and get more loot and items.

You say: I just started and now there is more time for zombies to spawn!

This is why I propose that Day and Night be equal ONLY in hardmode. This would prevent starter-outers from being swarmed by mobs, yet will allow for experienced players to get more out of events.

What do you think?

Last edited:
I know this may get a lot of fire, but hear me out:

Day and night should be the same amount of time in the Terraria world. Yes, night is probably shorter due to the fact that more enemies spawn then, and events happen then, but this would be useful for a lot of reasons.

Now, here's some important information: Sunrise begins at 4:30 in game time. It sets at 7:30. This means there are 15 hours in the day and 7 hours in the night, which isn't very balanced.

Having a longer night would benefit those who have trouble progressing through things such as the pumpkin or frost moon. It would give more time to advance through waves and get more loot and items.

You say: I just started and now there is more time for zombies to spawn!

This is why I propose that Day and Night be equal ONLY in hardmode. This would prevent starter-outers from being swarmed by mobs, yet will allow for experienced players to get more out of events.

What do you think?
The Pumpkin and Frost Moons are balanced for the current night cycle.
Also, there are 9 hours in the night. Not 7.

Pumpkin and Frost Moons were balanced around the current duration of night, back when the top tier gear was 1.2 weaponry and the Pumpkin and Frost Moon drops themselves.

This means that, between the addition of things like Duke Fishron loot (1.2.4), better accessories, Martian Invasion drops (1.3) and finally, Old One's Army drops (1.3.4), the Pumpkin/Frost Moons have actually gotten much easier over time at their intended tier. Mob banners also did not provide a damage/defense bonus back in 1.2, so that also makes these events significantly easier to progress through than they once were. And people were more than capable of finishing them back when they were released.

The fact that if you start the event partially into the night means you lose out on some "time to complete it", well, that's user error. Same thing applies to summoning Skeletron Prime at 4:00 AM; its not going to end well in all likelihood!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom