Votes: 1 7.1%
  • How about Otherworld?

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • This should replace eye spring

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Zekeram12

Queen Slime
Please don't ask... For the longest time, I've wanted a demon eye pet but I don't know why. Anyway, the suggestion.

Demon eye pets: when summoned, they can have different eye colors and are slightly smaller than the smallest demon eye enemy
Contact lenses: a 6% drop from the Eye of Cthulhu

Contact Lenses
'summons a pet demon eye'
rarity green

The pet doesn't do much, and is basically a demon eye Zephyr fish, but this is mainly for vanity, like all the other pets.

This is my second suggestion, as I AM new to this whole song and dance, so feedback is apprieciated.

Last edited:
This a good suggestion, I like the idea of having early game pets.
The earliest pets you can get other than the Bunny, is the Baby Penguin and Dinosaur, though the Baby dinosaur is very unlikely. It's nice to have another pet you can possibly get quite early on.
However, I don't think it should behave differently around Hardmode ores.
No other pets have special abilities, other than giving light, so why should this very early pet have quite a useful ability? That's just my opinion.
TPKQY8m.gif

It would be a reason to go for it above other pets, and it's only on hardmode ores.
Also, it would be a subtle increase

This a good suggestion, I like the idea of having early game pets.
The earliest pets you can get other than the Bunny, is the Baby Penguin and Dinosaur, though the Baby dinosaur is very unlikely. It's nice to have another pet you can possibly get quite early on.
However, I don't think it should behave differently around Hardmode ores.
No other pets have special abilities, other than giving light, so why should this very early pet have quite a useful ability? That's just my opinion.
TPKQY8m.gif
On the console version some pets attack. Also pet turtle
Pet_Turtle.png

Three things:
1) this is a utility pet, not combat
2) The slight speed increase might only be noticed by someone a tad bit more observant than most others
3) the ore detection speed increase is partially a joke, as if it could "see" through the wall (get it, because, eyes?)
[DOUBLEPOST=1433096824,1433096680][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, in 1.3, other pets might get new abillities.

On the console version some pets attack. Also pet turtle
Pet_Turtle.png
Yes, but attacking is different to having a unique ability, such as detecting ore.
Also, we have summons for attacking, pets are simply novelty items on PC. It's odd that the console version has some pets attacking.
The pet Turtle is not really early game, you need to go to the Jungle to get it, a mid Pre-Hardmode biome. I'm talking about the first few nights in Terraria.
Three things:
1) this is a utility pet, not combat
2) The slight speed increase might only be noticed by someone a tad bit more observant than most others
3) the ore detection speed increase is partially a joke, as if it could "see" through the wall (get it, because, eyes?)
Yes, but pets are simply novelty items. No other pet in Terraria has an ability, combat or utility wise. It would be unusual to have one easily obtainable pet to have a fairly useful ability.
Also
but it will move a little more spaztically
Is different to:
slight speed increase
Flying "spaztically" is very noticeable compared to flying quicker.
I understand that it's part of a minor joke, but it's not worth adding a useful ability to an easy to get pet.

Is there not a Optic Staff which is the same thing in spirit? I know that vanity items aren't necessary but I don't think this is needed at all.

Is there not a Optic Staff which is the same thing in spirit? I know that vanity itmes aren't necessary but I don't think this is needed at all.
the optic staff is the twins. This one is one demon eye that moves slightly faster near hardmode ores, not to mention the optic staff is a summoner weapon.

Why should it have a hard to notice extra effect no other vanity items have? Twins = giant floating eyeballs. Demon eye = floating eyeball. There isn't much of a difference.

One floating eyeball has a mouth, the other a laser, compared to a demon eye slightly smaller than the smallest enemy demon eye. Also, you'd have to pay extra attention to notice the extra movement.

Can we please stop debating?

When you make a suggestion, debating is extremely likely to occur. There will be those who won't like your suggestion, and as a suggester it's your job to either try and convince one to support or let it go. I am not convinced this is something Terraria would need nor something developers would delegate time towards.

When you make a suggestion, debating is extremely likely to occur. There will be those who won't like your suggestion, and as a suggester it's your job to either try and convince one to support or let it go. I am not convinced this is something Terraria would need nor something developers would delegate time towards.
the 'can we stop debating' was a joke

Back
Top Bottom