Mobile Despite troubleshooting, Terraria won't download on mobile...

MaxisMax

Terrarian
I attempted to download Terraria on Android, both the trial and paid version, but neither will work. Other apps, however, do download.

When I try to download the trial version, the installation appears on my notification bar for a split second, then disappeares... There is no error message, no crash, nothing. I simply click "Install," the screen changes for a split second as if it is going to download, then nothing happens. The game remains uninstalled. When I try to download the paid version, I receive this error: DF-BC-PFU-02-10.

I cleared the cache and data for the app store, and I also rebooted my phone. No luck.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, enough storage, and I'm running Android version 7. I'm currently living in France, so perhaps it's a location issue.

How much free space do you have on your phone? That may be the problem.
Sadly a google search regarding that error doesn't seem to display any useful information.

I attempted to download Terraria on Android, both the trial and paid version, but neither will work. Other apps, however, do download.

When I try to download the trial version, the installation appears on my notification bar for a split second, then disappeares... There is no error message, no crash, nothing. I simply click "Install," the screen changes for a split second as if it is going to download, then nothing happens. The game remains uninstalled. When I try to download the paid version, I receive this error: DF-BC-PFU-02-10.

I cleared the cache and data for the app store, and I also rebooted my phone. No luck.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, enough storage, and I'm running Android version 7. I'm currently living in France, so perhaps it's a location issue.
Hi there @MaxisMax, what a weird error code. I don't recall seeing it mentioned before. I'm glad that you have been trying both the trial and the paid version. Very strange that other apps will download, but not Terraria.

I'm sorry to say that I don't know of a guaranteed solution, but here are some things to try (in no particular order):
  • you mentioned clearing the cache and data from the Google Play Store. Do the same for Google Play Services
  • remove and then re-add your Google Account
  • make sure your payment method is up to date
  • update Google Play Services (if need be), open the Play Store at least once, and try downloading again
  • you can browse through some solutions here (none have your particular error code though): https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-solve-google-play-store-errors
If nothing works, you can try to connect with 505 Games at their support site and ask them if being in France is a problem for the game. Perhaps it is a location issue like you mentioned. You'll need to create an account to open a support ticket here: https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

Back
Top Bottom