Biomes & Nature Different kinds of Stone for every biome.

DarthEnderX

Terrarian
So ages ago, back when all trees gave the same kind of wood, I made this thread asking that each biome have it's own kind of wood. That has essentially been fully realized at this point.

So I've been playing 1.2.4, and I'm looking at the Coralstone that the Angler can give you and I was thinking about how I've always wanted every biome to have it's own underground section. Some biomes do, like the Jungle and Snow, and the Corruption, Crimson and Hallow in Hardmode. Others don't, like, Desert and the Ocean.

For Underground Stone we have:
Stone - Forest
Corruption - Ebonstone
Crimson - Crimstone
Hallow - Pearlstone
Snow - Ice
Desert - Sandstone

So in addition to make it so that the normal forest stone isn't just generic "stone" I'd like to give the other biomes each their own type of stone.

My ideas for this are:
Forest – Slate
Jungle – Limestone
Ocean – Marble
Mountain - Granite

Obviously, for the Ocean to get it's own Stone, it would need to get it's own Underground section. And for the Mountain to get it's own Stone, it would first need to exist.

Thoughts?

Edit: Updated for 1.3.

Last edited:
Why not? As long as the new stones could be used the same way as normal stone (making furnaces, arrows etc) I support!

So ages ago, back when all trees gave the same kind of wood, I made this thread asking that each biome have it's own kind of wood. That has essentially been fully realized at this point.

So I've been playing 1.2.4, and I'm looking at the Coralstone that the Angler can give you and I was thinking about how I've always wanted every biome to have it's own underground section. Some biomes do, like the Jungle and Snow, and the Corruption, Crimson and Hallow in Hardmode. Others don't, like, Desert and the Ocean.
*snip*
Obviously, I'd like the additions of Sandstone and Coralstone to coincide with the addition of Underground sections for the Desert and Ocean biomes.

Thoughts?
Underground Ocean nice (to be honest I've had an idea about this for a while :) ) I mean its a Great place for biomluminecence to appear! (as well as bad :red: ocean enemies)
Also would be a great place to give more use to the Neptune's shell
However basalt also could work for a stone at the deeper parts (I had an idea for a lava level ocean too hehehe...)

And the the desert is long due for an overhaul...

This is a nice suggestion. It would add both more variety and more life to the game. And builders would get even more new building blocks to perfect their creations. Adding sprites of the stones on here to show what they could look like would be even better.

Originality: 4/5. Execution 3/5. Elaboration 3/5. Ideas: 3/5.

For Underground Stone we have:
Stone - Forest
Corruption - Ebonstone
Crimson - Crimstone
Hallow - Pearlstone
Snow - Ice

So in addition to make it so that the normal forest stone isn't just generic "stone" I'd like to give the other biomes each their own type of stone.

My ideas for this are:
Forest – Slate
Desert - Sandstone
Jungle – Limestone
Ocean – Coralstone

Obviously, I'd like the additions of Sandstone and Coralstone to coincide with the addition of Underground sections for the Desert and Ocean biomes.

Thoughts?
Updating this for 1.3. We got the Sandstone I wanted with the addition of the Underground Jungle.

And now, with the addition of the Marble and Granite biomes, instead of having the Underground Ocean made of Coralstone, I want it to be made of Marble. And if we ever get that mountain biome, I'd want it to be made of Granite. Discussed both of those things here.

Updating original post.

Back
Top Bottom