Weapons & Equip Dirt Gun

TheSeunger

Plantera
Since we have a Sand Gun that literally shoots sand blocks as its main ammunition (along with Ebonsand Blocks, Crimsand Blocks and Pearlsand Blocks), I've been thinking... what if we have a literal Dirt Gun?

I know most of us have dug up hundred thousands or millions of dirt blocks for our countless of hours of playing and they're just sitting in our chests (or other storage) and never see the light of day again. It's time we put them to use -- as a weapon. The Dirt Gun.

Unlike the Sand Gun, fired Dirt Blocks are not retrievable once fired, but like the Sand Gun, ammo reservation effects does work, allowing you to fire Dirt Blocks for much longer. Obviously, the power of Dirt Blocks and the Dirt Gun is less than desirable because it is literally the FIRST thing you have access to on a brand new character in a brand new world, but it'll be a fun weapon to use (somewhat) early-game.

The Dirt Gun recipe are as follows:
10 Copper/Tin Bars​
1 Illegal Gun Parts​
10 Dirt Blocks​
via Furnace​

And here are the following rough statistics for the Dirt Gun:
Type: Weapon (Ranged, Other)​
Uses ammo: Dirt Block, Endless Pile of Dirt​
Damage: 10 (Ranged)​
Knockback: 0.5 (Extremely Weak)​
Critical Chance: 4%​
Use Time: 20 Very Fast​
Velocity: Varies between 0.6 to 8 as it is intended to be a janky weapon to give it an idea this weapon sputters, making it unreliable, but that's what makes it fun​
Rarity: Blue​
Sell: Dirt Cheap! (Only 5 Copper)​
Tooltip: 'Gotta fight dirty' or 'This is gonna get dirty very quickly'​

And by the time in Hardmode, to give it some extra love before it gets stored away almost permanently, for early Hardmode, we're gonna upgrade into the Dirtier Gun. The upgraded Dirt Gun now gains the ability to shoot multiple Dirt Blocks (about 4 to 6 Dirt Blocks) simultaneously like a shotgun, but each Dirt Blocks have varying velocities; some will fire very fast, some will fire very slowly, some will hit the ground before others -- yeah, quite the dirty situation we got here.

Here are the following recipe for the Dirtier Gun:
Dirt Gun​
10 Cobalt/Palladium Bars​
100 Dirt Blocks​
via Mythril/Oricalcum Anvil​

And the following rough statistics for the Dirtier Gun:
Damage: 17 (Ranged)​
Use Time: 18 Very Fast​
Velocity: Each individual Dirt Blocks varies between 0.6 to 8​
Rarity: Pink​
Sell: Incredibly Dirt Cheap! (Only 3 Copper)​
Tooltip: 'Man I love fighting dirty' or 'Ugh! I got dirt in my eyes!'​

But what if some madlads wanted to fight the Moon Lord with the said Dirt Guns? And other than getting some dirt in his eyes, this is gonna require the dirtiest solution possible. We need something so dirty, not even the Moon Lord can scrub it off in the shower -- if it even showers before appearing before us in the final showdown. But that's not the point here. The point is, we need something absolutely dirty to make it rain dirt!

Behold! The Dirtiest Gun! A gun so dirty, it fires a shower of Dirt Blocks at an alarming rate. It fires between 8 to 12 Dirt Blocks very rapidly, however has lower base damage compared to its previous incarnations. What it lacks in power, makes up with speed and absolute coverage! It'll be raining dirt for days. But it requires... something extraordinarily... dirty. So dirty, you might not even notice you have it in your hands already.

Here are the recipe for the Dirtiest Gun:
Dirtier Gun​
10 Shroomite Bars​
The Dirtiest Block​
1000 Dirt Blocks​
via Mythril/Oricalcum Anvil​

And the final rough statistics for the Dirtiest Gun:
Damage: 8 (Ranged)​
Use Time: 9 Insanely Fast​
Velocity: Each individual Dirt Blocks varies between 5 to 8​
Rarity: Yellow​
Sell: Ultra Mega Dirt Cheap! (Only 1 Copper)​
Tooltip: 'A dirty situation requires a dirty solution' or 'Not even the Moon Lord can wash off all that dirt!'​

Whew! That sure was dirty. But you might also notice the extra bit in the 'Uses ammo' part where it also uses 'Endless Pile of Dirt'. Indeed. Much like the Endless Quiver and the Endless Musket Pouch, you will never ever run out of Dirt Ammunition. However, unlike the Endless Quiver and the Endless Musket Pouch, and thanks to the item cap increase... you will need exactly 9999 Dirt Blocks crafted at the Magic Ball. Why? Because, Dirt Blocks are everywhere. I'm sure you have a spare Dirt Block or a thousand. You might even accidentally stumble upon a cute little The Dirtiest Block or two on the way!

...so yeah, that's all I have to write. Dirt Blocks, for the longest time, are often used to level out the terrain...make Dirt Bombs...make Mud Blocks near water...but in the end, you can never seem to truly get rid of Dirt Blocks. And it's difficult to use them all up. Even your trash can can't hold all those Dirt Blocks no matter how much you beg for it to hold it all!

But if that is too much effort, then just a simple Dirt Gun will suffice. It will fun and it will be dirty.

Back
Top Bottom