Tool [Discontinued] Custom World Generator -- TerraCustom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get an error everytime I launch it.

12/29/2014 2:08:02 PM
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\SmartDig". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Images\SmartDig.xnb". File not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.Main(String[] args)

One thing that bugs me about terraria maps and I don't know if it's changable at all is that when you create large maps with crimson/corruption you can have quite a few areas occur over your world on both sides of your spawn. I wonder if its possible to limit the corruption/crimson to just one large "outbreak" on the map. Same for desert. If I could just have one large occurance of each biome on a large map that would make me happy.
That's very particular and very hard to do. I do want you to enjoy the randomness of the world generation so I'd recommend you to generate multiple worlds. Once I get seeds option done, you can find such seeds that make you satisfied =)

Quick question:
If you spawn a pure world, or one with both Corruption and Crimson, will you get no Demonite\Criptane, or both?
Yes, both Demonite and Crimtane can be obtained by defeating each bosses or smashing orbs/hearts. Of course, if you don't have neither of them, then you can't get them in these ways but they will be naturally generated in the map.

I get an error everytime I launch it.

12/29/2014 2:08:02 PM
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\SmartDig". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Images\SmartDig.xnb". File not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.Main(String[] args)
Please follow the install instructions. After extract the downloaded file, put the executable file TerraCustom.exe only into Terraria's folder where Terraria.exe and Content folder exist.

Thank you so much for this amazing tool, PinkPlum! You are seriously awesome. You're smart, kind, and I bet you smell nice most of the time. People will sing songs of your deeds for years to come. You are a national treasure, and a friend to all terrarians everywhere. You are the best.

I would not care to admit how much time I've spent/wasted searching for good worlds, all the while wishing there was a tool like this one. It's even better than what I always hoped for, and I'm psyched to see that you're still working to improve it so much. I just discovered it today, and I had to sign up just to show my appreciation. Really. Thank you! :happy:

Please follow the install instructions. After extract the downloaded file, put the executable file TerraCustom.exe only into Terraria's folder where Terraria.exe and Content folder exist.

I followed the install instructions exactly and I still get the same error.

I followed the install instructions exactly and I still get the same error.

It's an easy mistake to make - be sure that you take TerraCustom.exe out of the "TerraCustom v1.#.whatever" folder and put it in the same directory that has the Terraria.exe in it. Having the extracted folder in there won't work; you have to take the .exe out and put it in the right place. Many of us made this misstep, as you can see by all the earlier posts just like yours throughout the thread. :p

I think I've found a minor bug... EDIT :: *snip*

So, I thought the tree selection option was misbehaving, but now I'm just thinking that it's more random than I expected. I guess I thought it was like the moss, where different selections just occupied a portion of the map uniformly. But now I'm guessing that selecting the tree types just gives the game those trees to pick from as it sees fit. Is that close to right? Sometimes a world will spawn with only 2 types of trees, instead of the 3 or 4 I selected. Am I holding it wrong? :: EDIT

Also, I have a suggestion: Add in a toggle in the Challenge options for spawning breakables (pots, money bags, etc.) or not. And another option for chests, maybe. No idea how possible this is, but it seemed like it would fit right in with that menu section; I was surprised it wasn't there, so I thought I'd suggest it.

Last edited:
It's an easy mistake to make - be sure that you take TerraCustom.exe out of the "TerraCustom v1.#.whatever" folder and put it in the same directory that has the Terraria.exe in it. Having the extracted folder in there won't work; you have to take the .exe out and put it in the right place. Many of us made this misstep, as you can see by all the earlier posts just like yours throughout the thread. :p

I did that. It looks like, to me, that I'm missing some file in the Content folder that I'm supposed to have.

I did that. It looks like, to me, that I'm missing some file in the Content folder that I'm supposed to have.
That's an error you get when TerraCustom.exe is not in the same directory as Terraria.exe and that's the only case I can think of. If you followed the instructions exactly and still get the same error, that means you will get the same error when you launch vanilla Terraria. In that case, you should uninstall and install Terraria and then try again. Also, check the file SmartDig.xnb exists in Content\Images folder

Please, check the directory where the application is supposed to be:
If you are a Steam user, C:\Program Files [(x86)]\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria (Remember, it's in the Steam folder)
If you are a GOG user, C:\GOG Games\Terraria

If you still can't solve the probelm and don't want to give it up, I need more information about your situation to figure it out so message me directly through the personal conversation thing.

I think I've found a minor bug... EDIT :: *snip*

So, I thought the tree selection option was misbehaving, but now I'm just thinking that it's more random than I expected. I guess I thought it was like the moss, where different selections just occupied a portion of the map uniformly. But now I'm guessing that selecting the tree types just gives the game those trees to pick from as it sees fit. Is that close to right? Sometimes a world will spawn with only 2 types of trees, instead of the 3 or 4 I selected. Am I holding it wrong? :: EDIT
I think that's a bug occurs when you create medium or large maps from this version. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and I'll release the bug fixed version as soon as possible. Thank you for the report.

Also, I have a suggestion: Add in a toggle in the Challenge options for spawning breakables (pots, money bags, etc.) or not. And another option for chests, maybe. No idea how possible this is, but it seemed like it would fit right in with that menu section; I was surprised it wasn't there, so I thought I'd suggest it.
I'm actually surprised that there's people who doesn't want chests or breakables. I can try it and if it's doable then I'll put these options in it.

And thank you for the compliment, you made my day :)

This tool is wonderful! I've decided to make a little 'no ore' challenge for myself. Have to remove crimson/corruption to keep a bunch of altars from spawning though. :/

Having said that, I would like to make a few suggestions:

1) A "No Altars" option under 'Challenge Settings.'
2) A "No Orbs/Hearts" option under 'Challenge Settings.'
3) The ability to adjust the percentage gemstone deposits, much like ores.
4) The ability to adjust the number of Pyramids and Great Trees that spawn in the world.
5) The ability to adjust the percentage of water and lava in the world.

Also, reinforcing the "no chests option" suggestion. : )

Also also, sent a little $$ your way for extra motivation.

Last edited:
This tool is wonderful! I've decided to make a little 'no ore' challenge for myself. Have to remove crimson/corruption to keep a bunch of altars from spawning though. :/

Having said that, I would like to make a few suggestions:

1) A "No Altars" option under 'Challenge Settings.'
2) A "No Orbs/Hearts" option under 'Challenge Settings.'
3) The ability to adjust the percentage gemstone deposits, much like ores.
4) The ability to adjust the number of Pyramids and Great Trees that spawn in the world.
5) The ability to adjust the percentage of water and lava in the world.
1) I don't mind doing this, but altars are also crafting stations so I still should leave some of them I think... or you want to restrict the usage of altars??
2) In that case, you need altars to craft boss-summoning items, and you don't want altars neither?? You are such a challenger!
3) I've added it already for the upcoming update!
4) It is actually harder than I thought. Max number of these things are depend on the terrain and you can't make more than that, so I don't know if I can guarantee to generate the number of things specified by the users...
5) I have never thought about it, so I have to look into it and see what I can do.

Also, reinforcing the "no chests option" suggestion. : )
Wow, now I know there is people want more challenges! I'll make it then!

Also also, sent a little $$ your way for extra motivation.
Thank you so much! I'm very, very happy!! I'm glad that there is people understand how hard it really is to maintain motivation without support. I will continue doing my best for your better Terraria life. Thank you again, it's a wonderful new year's gift :D

Very nice! This program is now essential for me when creating a new world.

Some suggestions/requests (if possible at all):

The possibility to choose the material of jungle shrines. They can randomly generate made out of Iridescent Bricks, Rich Mahogany, Tin Bricks, Gold Bricks or Mudstone Blocks, but only one type can be present per world. (maybe an option to include all possible types in one world too?)

The possibility to choose between the alternate backgrounds of the Underworld.

The possibility to choose the orientation of the world (for example: only generate worlds with the Dungeon on the left side of the map)

could you please make a version for 1.2.2? im waiting to update until 1.3 comes out, so i have even more new stuff to play with in comparison. and 1.2.2 worlds can be played in 1.2.4, but not vice versa. im unsure of how difficult it would be to program that, but the program in itself is great!

i have generated roughly 5,082 world in vanilla terraria, almost 3 of which had the corruption.

(im lying)

Last edited:
1) I don't mind doing this, but altars are also crafting stations so I still should leave some of them I think... or you want to restrict the usage of altars??
2) In that case, you need altars to craft boss-summoning items, and you don't want altars neither?? You are such a challenger!
3) I've added it already for the upcoming update!
4) It is actually harder than I thought. Max number of these things are depend on the terrain and you can't make more than that, so I don't know if I can guarantee to generate the number of things specified by the users...
5) I have never thought about it, so I have to look into it and see what I can do.

Thank you for your hard work. As per the pyramids/trees, I did fail to take that variable into account, so I'd say don't worry about it.

Thank you so much! I'm very, very happy!! I'm glad that there is people understand how hard it really is to maintain motivation without support. I will continue doing my best for your better Terraria life. Thank you again, it's a wonderful new year's gift :D

Happy to support. :)
I've done a bit of programming myself, so I understand how much time and motivation it takes to do certain projects.

Very nice! This program is now essential for me when creating a new world.

Some suggestions/requests (if possible at all):

The possibility to choose the material of jungle shrines. They can randomly generate made out of Iridescent Bricks, Rich Mahogany, Tin Bricks, Gold Bricks or Mudstone Blocks, but only one type can be present per world. (maybe an option to include all possible types in one world too?)

The possibility to choose between the alternate backgrounds of the Underworld.

The possibility to choose the orientation of the world (for example: only generate worlds with the Dungeon on the left side of the map)
Actually I recently realized that there are different kinds of jungle shrines, and probably I can mix them up. Also now I know that there are also different kinds of Underworld. I'll look into it. The orientation of the world is going to be a little tricky, but I'll give you a solution when it's the right time.

could you please make a version for 1.2.2? im waiting to update until 1.3 comes out, so i have even more new stuff to play with in comparison. and 1.2.2 worlds can be played in 1.2.4, but not vice versa. im unsure of how difficult it would be to program that, but the program in itself is great!

i have generated roughly 5,082 world in vanilla terraria, almost 3 of which had the corruption.

(im lying)
Wow you are so patient. Well, first of all, I don't have 1.2.2 version so I can't test. Also I'd like to spend more time on this one. I'm pretty sure that I'll update it once v1.3 is released so please be patient :)

Wall of Text has awoken!

alright, so will you make a version of this for 1.2.2 once 1.3 comes out, or will you just make a 1.3 version? because 1.3 will be great, but i would still like a 1.2.2 version as well. as to getting the older versions, you can use the game launcher program, which will allow you to play multiple versions of terraria. this program (yours) is great, but i would love a 1.2.2 version. however, i understand that coding is difficult, especially when working with multiple versions of something :) i tried using dean's custom world generator, but the old ores selection only affects pre-hardmode, so when i entered hardmode i got palladium instead of cobalt. i don't want to pressure you to make a 1.2.2 version, but it would REALLY help me, im pretty picky about which worlds i make and i haven't gotten a satisfactory world for quite a while. thank you for your consideration!

Wall of Text has been defeated!

Last edited:
Oh wow... Just saw this mod today. I've been generating and deleting world upon world looking for one to fully settle in. Perhaps a PURE world would make me stay. :joy:

I'm just curious, can this custom world generator work with tAPI mods that add ores to the game? I only use the Thorium+ mod, but I rather enjoy all the extra items it adds to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom