Tool [Discontinued] Custom World Generator -- TerraCustom

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is a standalone tool, you could just use the old version. Just don't expect to find any new 1.3 items/biomes on the generated world.
It's semi-standalone. Unfortunately not standalone enough to work with 1.3. (It's essentially an interface for Terraria's own worldgen. Hence the reason why they look similair.)

Ugh... Without TerraCustom, I've gone back to randomly generated worlds and rerolling / hoping for the best; and it's the worst thing ever. I remember how happy I was when I first discovered this amazing tool, and I look forward to the 1.3 update, whenever it's ready. Gonna get that giddy "OMG, it's perfect!" feeling about my worlds again. :)

I may just have to hold off on Terraria in the meantime. This tool is worth the wait.

Hey there, I loved using your tool back before the 1.3 update. I know you'll be working on your update to make this tool compatible with 1.3, but while we are waiting I thought I could suggest some features that people might find useful if they were possible to add in future updates.

Option of how much biome to generate, with 100% being normal. You could adjust the percentage of each individual biome.
A similar feature for unique structures like floating islands, pyramids, living trees etc. You could adjust how much of these structures are generated (have 4 pyramids, have 10 floating islands, have 3 living trees etc.).

Have the option to make "single" biome worlds. This would allow you to have "desert worlds" or "ice worlds" that are made completely of that single biome on the surface, but would still have crimson/corruption, dungeon, underground jungle, hell, etc. Desert worlds could have small patches of surface jungle that would be like oasis (what's the plural form of oasis?), ice worlds would only have it deep underground just above hell.

Have the option to make a world where instead of having two oceans on each edge of the world, have one double sized ocean in the middle of the world, or have your world split into thirds with the two oceans spaced evenly apart through the world.

Hopefully you haven't thought of these already. Can't wait for the next update!

A similar feature for unique structures like floating islands, pyramids, living trees etc. You could adjust how much of these structures are generated (have 4 pyramids, have 10 floating islands, have 3 living trees etc.).

I was going to suggest the exact same thing. however, I would really like to know how many pyramids, living woods trees, etc., can theoretically be generated with the original ingame generator. the thing is, I would love to have a world with the maximum number of pyramids and so on, but it should still be a world that in theory, could have been a result of the original generator, too.

I am so excited to have found this tool! It is what I have been searching for, for a veeery long time. I could have used this 2 years ago. Why is fate so cruel? I found it... and it's not working for 1.3... sigh... I will be anxiously awaiting an update! Just ecstatic that this even exists right now :)

I am so excited to have found this tool! It is what I have been searching for, for a veeery long time. I could have used this 2 years ago. Why is fate so cruel? I found it... and it's not working for 1.3... sigh... I will be anxiously awaiting an update! Just ecstatic that this even exists right now :)
I know, right? I've spent SO much time trying to re-roll worlds before finding this tool.

In the meantime, an "experimental release" for TEdit now has the ability to alter the backgrounds for many biomes (including the main world bg, called "forest"). Just edit the World Properties, the options are little dropdown boxes toward the bottom. I've not encountered any bugs or issues with it, but I've only used it for viewing worlds and altering backgrounds so far.

=)

Oh wow! Thanks for the info! Any idea if you can edit the backgrounds for other biomes like snow/jungle/etc.?

edit:
Er... Nevermind I see in your comment you said "many biomes". Hope it works for me. I actually just generated a world that is near perfect, I just don't like the snow biome background. The rest are great. It's those darn giant trees in the background that bug me.

Last edited:
Oh wow! Thanks for the info! Any idea if you can edit the backgrounds for other biomes like snow/jungle/etc.?

edit:
Er... Nevermind I see in your comment you said "many biomes". Hope it works for me. I actually just generated a world that is near perfect, I just don't like the snow biome background. The rest are great. It's those darn giant trees in the background that bug me.
I think you can alter any background that has alternates, honestly. The only ones that aren't there that come to mind are things like underground mushroom, and underground hallow/crimson/corruption (and like I indicated, I'm not sure they even have alternates, really).

Those giant background trees are so distracting. Hate them. Not sure who saw that and thought "Yes! Put that in the game!" but I always change them now that I can. :p

The only downside is that you have to go through the different numbers for bg's manually, and keep saving, reloading, checking each biome, etc. to see the changes, since TEdit doesn't show you them in the tool. Be sure you don't have your world open in Terraria when you're editing it! Quit to title screen, go to TEdit to mess around, save in TEdit, go back to your world in Terraria, repeat. Don't want to corrupt your saves.

The only downside is that you have to go through the different numbers for bg's manually, and keep saving, reloading, checking each biome, etc. to see the changes, since TEdit doesn't show you them in the tool.

Here is a table that I used to help me pick my backgrounds. It shows what each number looks like:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/c...ormat_alpha_concept_change_your_world/chrrzlr

If you hover/click on the numbers it will show you the different layers of each background. This chart doesn't include "deep ice" or "hell" backgrounds though.

You have helped me out so much! Thank you! I'm ecstatic!

also so glad I'm not the only one who thinks giant background trees are ridiculous. I'm not an ant! lol

Possible to get an update from the dev about this? Still waiting to play 1.3 until this is updated.

Last edited:
Will you people calm down? She'll get to it when she gets to it. It's a free program, and it's probably a lot of work for her.

goodcheapfast.jpg

You're asking for something good, and you're asking for something cheap, so it won't be fast.

People seem to be forgetting this again.

No, I didn't forget. Praise be to glorious whatshername who's clearly very busy with many things in life. I just want to know if it's dead. Because it seems dead.

1256519926211.jpg

You need to be patient. She's an unpaid person who is graciously volunteering to spend her free time putting this together for us; And she is both a student and has a new job, so her free time is far and few in-between, and she's only had a month to work on it.

Any programming is a lot of work and it's not easy; I certainly couldn't program this mod/tool, and I don't think you can either. She'll finish it when she finishes it, and being rude to her won't make it come out any faster. And this applies to any other mod developer as well.

If you believe complaining and being rude can make a person magically program code faster, you should look in the mirror and share your "motivational speech" with yourself, and get the mod developed before her.

@PinkPlum: Thanks you for your continued work on this mod, it really is a brilliantly elegant tool, and my favorite Terraria tool.

Last edited:
All I was doing was making a comment about my pessimistic outlook concerning this tool. You people are antagonizing me with stupidly pretentious responses and piling on these gross sycophantic pleas to the tool's creator as if you're afraid she's going to not deliver her tool because of what I said. It's the only reason I keep replying.

All I was doing was making a comment about my pessimistic outlook concerning this tool. You people are antagonizing me with stupidly pretentious responses and piling on these gross sycophantic pleas to the tool's creator as if you're afraid she's going to not deliver her tool because of what I said. It's the only reason I keep replying.

You're sounding rude, obnoxious, and unable to get the message of "free, quality things take time" by posting and asking if the tool is "dead" just because it hasn't been completed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom