Tool [Discontinued] Custom World Generator -- TerraCustom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh, just can't wait for 1.3 support. I can't play in Terraria without this tool. I really hate that random world generation.

Last edited:
Ok, its seems dead to me. Every other (TEdit) is able to edit Terraria 1.3 and still no update here. So bb

Could you guyz please stop spamming your crystal ball predictions ?
PinkPlum already replied this :
Hey guys, how's your brand new world going? :dryadhappy:

Sorry for being so silent recently. I was a student and now I got a job (probably they liked me making this tool =D) so I wanted to focus on my work.

As I said before, I'm definitely going to make updates, but since they are still making quick fixes every few days, so I kind of want to wait until they settle down. Well, probably they won't change the world generation any more, but still, for good luck. So please be a bit more patient.

Thank you all for supporting TerraCustom!

I know it's been a while but real life is what it is, also I can understand the will to not update a tool every few days (terraria is already at the 8 update since 1.3 came out !!!!). Maybe she won't update it in the end, or maybe she will.

And finally she doesn't receive a penny regardless how many people download, use or like her tool, so you shouldn't be a :red: and act like you're entitled to something.
Treat authors with respect, kindness and patience for their will to dedicate time for you to enjoy their creations freely !

Is she still taking donations?
I don't know.
While I encourage everyone that can to donate (for any project not just this one), the fact remains that a donation is just a token of the donator's appreciation. It's not a contract, it's not an engagement, it's not a promise, it's not a warranty, it doesn't entitle you to receive any support nor updates ....
If any of those turned out different, it wouldn't be a donation anymore.

Still there is the hope that donating actually encourages authors to update/give more of their time, but you have to realize that donations in general tend to represent a very very small amount despite sometimes hundreds of thousands of downloads/likes ....

(edit: I jumped on the subject because of your post but I'm not implying anything facepoppies)

When I was reading from page 15 I started laughing. Seriously guys? I don't know what to say actually...

Well at least, I know some people here doesn't understand what's actually a free tool, and yes, most people here like it and might have used it in the past. Even I used this tool, and I love the features. But a free tool doesn't update when you actually wants it. PinkPlum created this tool because she wanted to create it (For no money at all, because she wanted to create it for fun and free-to-use. Keep in mind most developers will use either adfly or charge you before you can use the tool. That's how it works. So I call it very kind from her to make it free). She did already a very good job till terraria 1.2.4. I think she will continue (Maintaining a real life job isn't easy at all, there's a lot of work to do before you can even start with a job), but please, don't spam this tool with 'useless information', because that might affect PinkPlum how she looks at the community. Clear thinking is always welcome.

So to all of you, please be patient. I know it might be a pain waiting, but PinkPlum does also needs time to update her tool.

Last edited:
Most people here like it and might have used it in the past. Even I used this tool, and I love the features. But a free tool doesn't update when you actually wants it. PinkPlum created this tool because she wanted to create it.
Which is the main reason anybody creates a tool *nods*

I'd take a look at it myself; even though my programming knowledge is rudimentary, I have excessive amounts of free time. Unfortunately PinkPlum didn't release the source code for the tool, and making something like this from scratch is outside of my skillset.

EDIT: Also no reason to teabag on FacePoodles, he was being more polite this time *nods*

This tool is perfect for world generation! I can't wait for 1.3 support, but take all the time you need to update it. And thank you for making such an awesome tool! ;)

Has anyone heard anything from PinkPlum since July 10th about any progress updates or timeline until she starts having enough time to work on this wonderful tool again? I can't bring myself to ruin the fun of discovery by making a map in TEdit that has everything I'm after in a world, so I haven't played in forever.

If everyone wants this update out so soon, would it be possible to make a pool for everyone to add a little bit of money to in order to pay Pinkplum to put a rush on it.
I don't have much but i can give a bit as well. I don't see it as any different then paying for DLC in my other games anyway.

There's an unofficial TerraCustom being created/updated by @jopojelly.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/unofficial-terracustom-for-1-3.35346/

He/She is doing pretty well with it so far.

Maybe this question was before, but does this tool support 1.3.0.8? I mean, if I create a new world with this tool, will recent version items (if they were added after 1.3.0.1) present in world?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom