Mobile Discussion about 1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac the Jester

Eater of Worlds
I know that 505 is not going to be doing a full fledged 1.2 update for the mobile, and even if they DID, it would take about 1935292 years to finish. So what should happen is instead of a 1.2 update, the mobile should have a little but of 1.2 content and have more of a focus on making more mobile exclusive content, and not just a couple of items, but an a bunch of items, an event, or a new boss (yes I know about Lepus, but he is too easy) so I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant.no offense to 505

Perhaps instead of the full update, just introduce new Mechanics to the game little by little in the new updates. Such as an update introducing the ability to Slope blocks and then another that actually deals with World gen sloping.

Perhaps even introducing paint as its own update, so they don't squeeze too many things into a single update, risking bugs.

Yes I was thinking something like that, we already do have the smallest bit of 1.2 content and I wish to see more in the future

Yep. The Ipad or whatever your using could go bad if there's TOO much content, but with small updates 1 by 1 they could add some of the new stuff in.

Yep. The Ipad or whatever your using could go bad if there's TOO much content, but with small updates 1 by 1 they could add some of the new stuff in.

Lol, just imagine.
CodeGlue: "We're terribly sorry, but since we crammed all the content into one update, you won't be able to play this until IOS 8! On the iPad 7!"

Yes, and? There are specific sections to talk about each platform. This is the "General Terraria" section, as in... talking about Terraria in and of itself opposed to talking about specific versions of it.

You're defeating the purpose of the other sections.
Ok sorry I am new to this forum and I don't know how to add it to stuff so if you told me I will happily do it

On topic, making a 1.2 update could take many months, or maybe a year. Honestly since 1.2 was out for consoles a while ago, porting to mobile wouldn't be too hard. Well, the hardmode update is just the initial release of the console port.

And about compatibility, maybe porting 1.2 could require a better device. Maybe at least an iPhone 4s or even an iPhone 5. But it's possible I believe.

On topic, making a 1.2 update could take many months, or maybe a year. Honestly since 1.2 was out for consoles a while ago, porting to mobile wouldn't be too hard. Well, the hardmode update is just the initial release of the console port.

And about compatibility, maybe porting 1.2 could require a better device. Maybe at least an iPhone 4s or even an iPhone 5. But it's possible I believe.
I agree that I can be done, but most likely judging on how long it took them to make hardmode, it would take a VERY long time for a full 1.2 update

Exactly. I also want 1.2 to be added, but a little bit at a time. It'll likely take longer for the full thing to be added, but it'll be worth it.
Update 1: Music
All 1.2 soundtracks possible: Alt Overworld Day, Alt Underground, Dungeon, Space (console), Desert, Ocean (console).
Update 2: Jungle Update
Adding bee hives and most 1.2 Jungle enemies, including: Moss Hornet, Angry Trapper, Bee, Giant Tortoise, Spiked Jungle Slime, whatever the beetle with the dye material's name is... And a bunch of others. Queen Bee will be added along with all drops (besides Bee Wax). Oh, and Chlorophyte. And Life Fruits. And updated Shrines with 1.2 Shrine loot.
Update 3: The Snowy Update
Adding the Underground Snow, Ice Chests/Mimics (with loot for both) and all possible Snow enemies, including: Undead Viking, Snow Flinx, Spiked/normal Ice Slime, Ice Tortoise, Ice Bat, Cyan Beetle... and all those other things in the Snow biomes (besides Boreal Wood and other post-1.2.2 stuff). And marshmallows. And campfires.
More to come!

Ok. Here's more:
Update 4: The Mushroom Update
Adding all mushroom-related stuff, including:
Truffle, Hammush, Mushroom Spear, Shroomite (and all things made with it), Autohammer, and all those other things.
(Sorry for rushing myself on this one)
-----
Update 5: The Plantera Update
Adding Plantera, The Cyborg, all Plantera Drops (besides Temple Key), Plantera's Bulbs (of course), the post-Plantera Dungeon (including all enemies/drops), Solar Eclipses (including all enemies/drops), the True Swords, and all other stuff. And all the post-1.2 crafting stations (besides Crimson-related ones)

Update 6: The Temple Update
Adding the Golem, the Temple along with the key, Biome Keys/molds along with their chests (besides the Crimson), all Golem drops, Pirate Invasions (all drops), and all Temple-related stuff.
Update 7: The Crimson Update
Adding the Crimson, and all relevant stuff, including the Crimson Chest/loot/key/mold.
Upd8 (Silly worldplay): The NPC Update
Adding all 1.2 NPC's, plus the following:
The Guide now has his crafting menu, the Merchant sells all his 1.2 merchandise, the Clothier now sells all his 1.2 merchandise, the Wizard now sells his 1.2 merchandise (Wait, did they even add any Wizard-bought stuff in 1.2?), the Arms Dealer now sells his 1.2 stuff... and so on. Floating Islands are also updated, with Sunplate Blocks and a Skyware Chest (along with its respective loot).
Update 9: You Feel an Update from Deep Below
Adding all 1.2 Underground/Underworld enemies, loot, and blocks, along with enemy banners, and Spider Webs (along with all of their loot). Plus, all the alternate ores are added (pre-hardmode AND hardmode).
Update 10: Like a Boss
Adding all boss trophies and masks. Also, the Mechanical Bosses can now appear on their own. Also, all the bosses will gain the chance to drop their post-1.2 loot (Book of Skulls, Slime Gun, etc.)
Update 11: The Moon Update
Adding the 3 different types of moon (ringed, orange, grey), along with the two Holiday Moons (with their corresponding enemies/bosses/loot).
Update 12: The Fashionable Update
Adding all 1.2-1.2.1 accessories/combinations not already added in the previous updates, also making accessories show on the character. Also adding all Dyes and the Dye Trader.
Update 13: The Update in Shining Armor
Adding all 1.2-1.2.1 armors not already added in previous updates, plus the Beetle Armor.
Update 14: See You Online
Adding online multiplayer, with a 50-player cap (can be lowered when hosting).
This will probably be the biggest out of all these updates.
Update 15: An Update Storm is Closing in Fast
Adding the Rain event, along with all corresponding enemies, and loot.
Update 16: So Much Wood
Adding all 1.2 wood, along with Spooky Wood and Living Trees (with their corresponding loot). Also, Wooden Chests will gain their 1.2 loot.
Update 17: The Desert Update
Adding all 1.2 desert stuff, including Pyramids.
Update 18+: To Be Announced
Remember, guys, this is just a suggestion.

Hey I agree with notyouradverageterrarian it would be a series of updates, but like 1.3 is going to be 505 will probably leave us alone for a year then blow our minds away.

Ok. Here's more:
Update 4: The Mushroom Update
Adding all mushroom-related stuff, including:
Truffle, Hammush, Mushroom Spear, Shroomite (and all things made with it), Autohammer, and all those other things.
(Sorry for rushing myself on this one)
-----
Update 5: The Plantera Update
Adding Plantera, The Cyborg, all Plantera Drops (besides Temple Key), Plantera's Bulbs (of course), the post-Plantera Dungeon (including all enemies/drops), Solar Eclipses (including all enemies/drops), the True Swords, and all other stuff. And all the post-1.2 crafting stations (besides Crimson-related ones)

Update 6: The Temple Update
Adding the Golem, the Temple along with the key, Biome Keys/molds along with their chests (besides the Crimson), all Golem drops, Pirate Invasions (all drops), and all Temple-related stuff.
Update 7: The Crimson Update
Adding the Crimson, and all relevant stuff, including the Crimson Chest/loot/key/mold.
Upd8 (Silly worldplay): The NPC Update
Adding all 1.2 NPC's, plus the following:
The Guide now has his crafting menu, the Merchant sells all his 1.2 merchandise, the Clothier now sells all his 1.2 merchandise, the Wizard now sells his 1.2 merchandise (Wait, did they even add any Wizard-bought stuff in 1.2?), the Arms Dealer now sells his 1.2 stuff... and so on. Floating Islands are also updated, with Sunplate Blocks and a Skyware Chest (along with its respective loot).
Update 9: You Feel an Update from Deep Below
Adding all 1.2 Underground/Underworld enemies, loot, and blocks, along with enemy banners, and Spider Webs (along with all of their loot). Plus, all the alternate ores are added (pre-hardmode AND hardmode).
Update 10: Like a Boss
Adding all boss trophies and masks. Also, the Mechanical Bosses can now appear on their own. Also, all the bosses will gain the chance to drop their post-1.2 loot (Book of Skulls, Slime Gun, etc.)
Update 11: The Moon Update
Adding the 3 different types of moon (ringed, orange, grey), along with the two Holiday Moons (with their corresponding enemies/bosses/loot).
Update 12: The Fashionable Update
Adding all 1.2-1.2.1 accessories/combinations not already added in the previous updates, also making accessories show on the character. Also adding all Dyes and the Dye Trader.
Update 13: The Update in Shining Armor
Adding all 1.2-1.2.1 armors not already added in previous updates, plus the Beetle Armor.
Update 14: See You Online
Adding online multiplayer, with a 50-player cap (can be lowered when hosting).
This will probably be the biggest out of all these updates.
Update 15: An Update Storm is Closing in Fast
Adding the Rain event, along with all corresponding enemies, and loot.
Update 16: So Much Wood
Adding all 1.2 wood, along with Spooky Wood and Living Trees (with their corresponding loot). Also, Wooden Chests will gain their 1.2 loot.
Update 17: The Desert Update
Adding all 1.2 desert stuff, including Pyramids.
Update 18+: To Be Announced
Remember, guys, this is just a suggestion.
Hey I agree with notyouradverageterrarian it would be a series of updates, but like 1.3 is going to be 505 will probably leave us alone for a year then blow our minds away.
I think that would be nice to have allow those updates, but in reality it would probably take a WHOLE lot longer because 1.2 is a huge update that I think would take forever to port unless you had people constantly working at there desks 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom