• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader DNI Materialization

DaiNekoIchi

Spazmatism

DNI Materialization

Download: Mod Browser | GitHub (older versions included)
Join my Discord Server for fast feedback.

This mod allows you to break down and create items using MP(Materialization Points).
Crafting a Material Check will allow you to do this. Once open, you will see an interface like this:

Put in an item, and it will show you how much MP you will earn from it.

After clicking on Dematerialize, the item disappears and you gain the equivalent MP.
If it's an item you have never dematerialized before, it will show you that you can now create it.

To materialize an item you have knowledge with, simply click on the item in the grid. The red background should indicate that it's the selected item you want to materialize. Hovering over the item also shows the MP requirement for materialization.

Afterwards, simply click on Materialize, and you will get the item in exchange for MP.

Do note that you get less MP for breaking down items and require more MP when creating.

Creation Orb: Crafting material for Material Checks. Dropped by Wyverns with a 10% chance.
Material Check: Opens the Materialization interface. These are tiered and will have better rates depending on the tier.

This mod is still in it's early stage, so suggestions are always welcome.​

Planned features:
  • Dynamic scaling of MP gained and used upon progression of the game DONE

Known issues:
  • Changing/updating mods can cause issues with the player's Knowledge of materializable items.
    • Still trying to get around this problem. I only use Item IDs to check for items. If anyone has any suggestions/solutions regarding this, let me know.

Changelog:
  • v1.2
    • Changed Materialization Staff into tiered Material Checks
      • Tiers are starting from Hallowed to Luminite
    • Adjusted Materialization and Dematerialization Rates
    • Added sound when materializing and dematerializing items
    • Changed Icon

• v1.1
    • Migrated to tModLoader v0.11.5

• v1.0
    • Initial release

Thanks and credits:
  • PADS, my personal friend, for the sprites

Last edited:

Lavendarjosh

Eye of Cthulhu
Pretty cool idea!
How are the MP values calculated, by hand or automatically? Would be neat to have mod support for it.

DaiNekoIchi

Spazmatism
Pretty cool idea!
How are the MP values calculated, by hand or automatically? Would be neat to have mod support for it.
They're actually based on the monetary value since I don't really have any other reference for it. So mods are automatically supported as long as the items have buy/sell values.

Lavendarjosh

Eye of Cthulhu
@DaiNekoIchi
Nice. It would be handy if you could materialize items without a monetary value as well. You could set a minimum materialize cost (or set a fixed value for all worthless things) so you wouldn't go too crazy with it.

DaiNekoIchi

Spazmatism
@DaiNekoIchi
Nice. It would be handy if you could materialize items without a monetary value as well. You could set a minimum materialize cost (or set a fixed value for all worthless things) so you wouldn't go too crazy with it.
I don't think that's ideal because there are some items that are not meant to be given infinitely or should be obtained in other ways. That would break a lot of balance for other mods (like leveling-related items and whatnot). But I'll see what I can come up with.

ilikesaying

Terrarian
so it's like the transmutation table/tablet from projecte/ee2 but it has a special form of mod support and balancing?
nice!

Demariosphere

Terrarian
So we must dematerialize it first to gain knowledge before materialize it?
What about "No value" items? Will those be costless materialization or become unmaterialized?

DaiNekoIchi

Spazmatism
Why you keep respriting relicary ritus everywhere, also this works with other mods' items?
What are you talking about?

so it's like the transmutation table/tablet from projecte/ee2 but it has a special form of mod support and balancing?
nice!
Ah, I see you know ProjectEE. Yes it sort of a mix of this and the Transmute option from Valkyrie Profile 1.

So we must dematerialize it first to gain knowledge before materialize it?
What about "No value" items? Will those be costless materialization or become unmaterialized?
Yes, you need to dematerialize an item before you can materialize it. It's like, breaking down an item to learn it's recipe.
For the items with no value, I will not be adding them in for the sake of balance. Things like EXP orbs from other mods and stuff that shouldn't be obtained normally that are considered items would make the player easily OP.

DaiNekoIchi

Spazmatism
Version 1.2 released! (and I have sneakily added 1.1 because the tML server had issues)
  • v1.2
    • Changed Materialization Staff into tiered Material Checks
      • Tiers are starting from Hallowed to Luminite
    • Adjusted Materialization and Dematerialization Rates
    • Added sound when materializing and dematerializing items
    • Changed Icon

• v1.1
    • Migrated to tModLoader v0.11.5

Laserman2

Terrarian
Awesome mod! Pretty much a guaranteed addition into any of my modded playthroughs. The only real issues I have with it is the size of the window that is opened, there being no way to search for items, and no shift click function for quick dematerializing. Other than those things, I would say that this is a pretty outstanding mod, especially for its simplicity.

Top Bottom