Blocks & Decoration Do you have any themes you wish were further fleshed out when it comes to decorations?

chugallthis

Terrarian
Just as the title says, but I wanna add my two cents as well:
I would absolutely love if there were more lihzahrd tribe or generally more ancient jungle civilization themed decorations, such as wall mountable tablets, similar to the ones seen in the underground desert houses and wall-mountable tiki masks with a bit of variety in the shape and the organic material used.
Another theme I wish they had done more with is the ocean, more specifically deep sea creatures. More fishbowls for a wider variety of sea enemies or critters, like anglerfish (I know, technically not connected to the sea ingame), eels, smaller critter varieties of the blood moon fishing enemies, or even trophies representing those enemies, like a hemoglobin shark skull, a blood eel skeleton or a broken, cracked dreadnautilus shell.

Stone furniture and ore furniture would have been nice.
I agree with that!
I remember at some point, when I tried some mod that caused lave rain and basically destroyed the entire surface, but at that point, that mod didn't actually destroyed blocks, so it basically just turned into a "drow challange", or how it's called? point being, I remember I had lots of trouble getting materials for furnitures. but it was modded, so there were then NPCs later who sold stuff.

but thinking about it on vanilla, without even any real stuff destroying the surface, let's say, you would like to try a drow challange.

what to use for furnitures? there's glowing mushroom, and granite and stuff, but they're not that fitting everywhere... on the other hand, you will end up mining lots of stone anyway, so, why aren't there furniture sets made from stone?
not to mention, they would fit for any other underground town too, even on usual playthroughs where most other towns are on the surface. but a set of furnitures from stone (and metal sets would be interesting too, as you said) could look awesome and fitting in a dwarfen town or something!

Well, if you have ideas about their design?
My mod do have some furnitures too, so, if we could figure out how they should look, it might worths giving it a try adding such furniture sets?
Stone furniture could be either based on the Grey Brick block or incorporate a lot of stalactites/stalagmites, Copper could have a pipe aesthetic, Tin could have a metal plating aesthetic, Iron could have a medieval/gothic aesthetic, lead... I have no idea, Silver could be medieval but less gothic, Tungsten could be more modern metallic design, Gold would be opulent medieval, and platinum... no idea for that one either.

Stone furniture could be either based on the Grey Brick block or incorporate a lot of stalactites/stalagmites, Copper could have a pipe aesthetic, Tin could have a metal plating aesthetic, Iron could have a medieval/gothic aesthetic, lead... I have no idea, Silver could be medieval but less gothic, Tungsten could be more modern metallic design, Gold would be opulent medieval, and platinum... no idea for that one either.
Hmm... that generally sounds fine, but I wonder about the actual sprites...
By the way, there's already golden furniture set (from pirates) so gold is kind of a special case. I think, some mod allowed to craft those? Chad'sfurni, maybe?

Along with the gothic set, but which is not a full set, since it only has table, chair, workbench, and bookscase?

As for stone though, I wonder, whether raw stone like ones are better, or some that look like gray brick? or maybe there could be both.
Ice furnitures generally have a design close to that, I think someone said that. though if you paint them gray, they don't resemble stone... But it would be kinda "cheap" to just recolor the ice set...

No idea on sprites out of the blue...

by the way, yeah, gemstone furnitures also sounds good.

but, these all bring up the point that, there's no point of having just one or two designs and just recolor them, but it would be more useful if each have different design, like you said.
Unfortunatelly I have no idea for design even for one set at the moment, even less for a dozen different ones XD

lead... I have no idea

Lead could be 18-19th century industrial themed, because lead was used in a lot of mechanics during that time and the color fits.

and platinum... no idea for that one either.

Platinum could be very regal, kind of like gold but more modern if that makes sense. Integrating some purple would also be great, even though Platinum usually doesn’t use purple.

Lead could be 18-19th century industrial themed, because lead was used in a lot of mechanics during that time and the color fits.

Platinum could be very regal, kind of like gold but more modern if that makes sense. Integrating some purple would also be great, even though Platinum usually doesn’t use purple.
Iron could also be intresting.... I think it would fit for a more industrial/steampunk style,and copper could act as a more refined version of would,with tin being the opposite for iron.

Well, if you have ideas about their design?
My mod do have some furnitures too, so, if we could figure out how they should look, it might worths giving it a try adding such furniture sets?
NOT IF I MOD IT IN FIRST-

In all seriousness, stone furniture sounds like a great idea. I'd love stone brick chairs and tables as if they were brought from dwavern times or the Flinstones or what have you. Gem furniture would be spectacular as well, having a bunch of multicolored shiny rocks embedded into your furniture.

NOT IF I MOD IT IN FIRST-

In all seriousness, stone furniture sounds like a great idea. I'd love stone brick chairs and tables as if they were brought from dwavern times or the Flinstones or what have you. Gem furniture would be spectacular as well, having a bunch of multicolored shiny rocks embedded into your furniture.
Lol XD
We're not rivals though?

If you have ideas, feel free to add them to your mod XD

If I get some ideas, maybe I try too. Who knows, maybe we'll end up with 2 furniture sets? XD although right now, I don't have much ideas for them.

I really dig all of those, especially copper. I've been experimenting around with a copper based steampunk-ish industrial build and cooper furniture would be an absolute godsend

Lol XD
We're not rivals though?

If you have ideas, feel free to add them to your mod XD

If I get some ideas, maybe I try too. Who knows, maybe we'll end up with 2 furniture sets? XD although right now, I don't have much ideas for them.
Yeah, I was making a joke based on the fact me and some friends are working on a mod. But yeah, the ideas are really cool.

Back
Top Bottom