Doomguy's Past

I'm a rather curious individual and, while a fan of Terraria, is also a Doom and Zelda loyalist but speaking of Doom.

If we already know of John 117, aka Master Chief, of his past as a child. (Where he beat up 5 UNSC officers with his barehands)

What about Doomguy? What was his childhood like?

A lifetime in Hell, being brought up by the devil himself? Or was his parents some sick warriors who had a run in with the demons for some apparent reason?

For a seasoned warrior to have garned such a legacy must beckon a legendary past.

What do you think?

Satan made him, regretted it, sealed him away (remember the pentagram when he first got out?), killed demons left and right, but got bested by a Super super A.I with a demonic sword but is still alive

Ah, Doom Guy. The biggest bad-:red: that ever did walk the Earth. And Mars. And Hell.

From what I know: The backstory to Doom Guy is that he was sent to Mars by his superior officer for disobeying a command that would have endangered/killed civilians and punching his commander in the face.
It's basically a punishment since nothing ever happens on Mars. Being stuck there as a Marine would pretty much be like a police officer stuck with a desk job, doing administrative work all day.

Of course things turned out to go a bit differently.

So even though nothing is known about Doom Guy's past, it's clear that all his bad-assery is saved up to be used against people that deserve it and against the denizens of Hell.
He's a decent guy.

In the latest Doom game there's actually a backstory to Doom Guy, but it's probably best to play that game since I don't think spoiling it all here is a good thing.

Satan made him, regretted it, sealed him away (remember the pentagram when he first got out?), killed demons left and right, but got bested by a Super super A.I with a demonic sword but is still alive

Ah, Doom Guy. The biggest bad-:red: that ever did walk the Earth. And Mars. And Hell.

From what I know: The backstory to Doom Guy is that he was sent to Mars by his superior officer for disobeying a command that would have endangered/killed civilians and punching his commander in the face.
It's basically a punishment since nothing ever happens on Mars. Being stuck there as a Marine would pretty much be like a police officer stuck with a desk job, doing administrative work all day.

Of course things turned out to go a bit differently.

So even though nothing is known about Doom Guy's past, it's clear that all his bad-assery is saved up to be used against people that deserve it and against the denizens of Hell.
He's a decent guy.

In the latest Doom game there's actually a backstory to Doom Guy, but it's probably best to play that game since I don't think spoiling it all here is a good thing.

I did actually play doom 4 and picked up a lot of the artifacts and logs so I know who he was.
He was the Doom Slayer and was with a bunch of cool a** Knights that protected an ancient civilisation, and their power source, aka Wraiths from Hell. He fought them for decades, even before John was born.

Explains why there are so few demons in the game cos he kicked their asses, over and over and over again until they're like.
"Ok ok, we get it...you're so badass that we can't even let you ruin our public image so let our high priests lock you away.
I am pretty sure you'll won't be dug up by some human organisation and a cyborg CEO come and wake you up because one of their lab assistants went mad."

I knew what he was, and the events in Doom but, before all that, what was he like as a child? I mean come on, I am sooo curious! oAo

Curious you may be, but answer you may not get. Maybe he liked to drink double Espressos as a baby. Maybe he wore dresses in high school. It's anyone's guess.

Curious you may be, but answer you may not get. Maybe he liked to drink double Espressos as a baby. Maybe he wore dresses in high school. It's anyone's guess.
or maybe he grew up in Devil School but the other demons saw him as a human and bullied him.

He got fed up, stole his father's Super Shotgun, and embarked on a mass murdering spree.

His dad outta be proud. lol

If you follow the in-game lore from Doom 2016, he was a priest that lost his son, and made a deal with a demon for some armor and a weapon that made him crazy powerful so he could find a way to bring back his son.

Back
Top Bottom