Items Doomsday Counter - A Summoner for the Final Boss!

Well, I see that to summon nightmare fuel Moon Lord is to defeat the Lunatic Cultist and all Pillars adds a good pint of challenge. But then again it's hard to make it lighter, and you end up collapsing.

I guess a summoning item would be better. But maybe another way to obtain it is to have it sold by Witch Doctor after defeating ALL pillars, for 2 platinum (well it summons the giant donkey face that can kill ya)

Well, I see that to summon nightmare fuel Moon Lord is to defeat the Lunatic Cultist and all Pillars adds a good pint of challenge. But then again it's hard to make it lighter, and you end up collapsing.

I guess a summoning item would be better. But maybe another way to obtain it is to have it sold by Witch Doctor after defeating ALL pillars, for 2 platinum (well it summons the giant donkey face that can kill ya)
2 Platinum? That seems way too steep. Even for a final boss summoner. The item I suggested EASILY lets you refight the boss, allowing you to learn strategies and his fight patterns, adding a summoner that costs 2 platinum wouldn't fix the problem.

I just feel like Only Players who have Actually killed the Final Boss once without a summoning item should be able to spawn him
The Eye and the 3 Mechs are all examples of getting the summoner before killing the boss. Why should this be any different?
We need this. Really it's a necessity.

The Eye and the 3 Mechs are all examples of getting the summoner before killing the boss. Why should this be any different?
We need this. Really it's a necessity.
Not to mention King Slime, the Eater of Worlds, the Brain of Cthulhu, Queen Bee, the Wall of Flesh, Golem, Duke Fishron... If I remember right none of their summon items are actually made with anything you can only get from them (and Golems is just found). Almost EVERY boss can be fought that way. Yeah, it might be a bit weird to take a bunch of stuff from a hive to summon Queen Bee and NOT just fight her there, but you can.

If this gets into the game it would devalue the armour, weapons and items he gives. This is because you could skip the lunatic cultist, the four pillars and then easily defeat the lunar boss and grind all his drops. The lunar boss in my opinion needs to be buffed to allow this attacks to go through walls before we get ANYTHING like this.

I also agree that luminate bars SHOULD be used in crafting the summoning item. Luminate bars are very valuable and it would unable you from being able to make armour or tools, thus balancing this item.

If this gets into the game it would devalue the armour, weapons and items he gives. This is because you could skip the lunatic cultist, the four pillars and then easily defeat the lunar boss and grind all his drops. The lunar boss in my opinion needs to be buffed to allow this attacks to go through walls before he gets ANYTHING like this.

I also agree that luminate bars SHOULD be used in crafting the summoning item. Luminate bars are very valuable and it would unable you from being able to make armour or tools, thus balancing this item.
Actually, I think he really does not need anymore buffs. In fact, I almost feel they went too far the first time. Could have done, say, 18,000-20,000 for the hands, 30,000-35,000 for the head. They didn't need to immediately leap from 15,000 to 25,000 and 45,000, because there were already people who had trouble beating him and they just keep making it harder for some reason.

I can honestly say that this is what everyone is looking for...
And I think the name is creative tbh, I love it haha.
Great job on this, :)

Nah, not a buff to raise his health, damage ect. Just to stop cheap tactics.
Cheap tactics... for a cheap boss? Because that's all that's really happening at this point, and this suggestion is for the people who don't want to destroy the pillars over and over again only to immediately fail because they don't have a chance against Moon Lord. Like was said before, if you can kill every pillar, you can, obviously, do that again. You shouldn't HAVE to do it every time. I started to think the same around the dozenth time I did it.

If this gets into the game it would devalue the armour, weapons and items he gives. This is because you could skip the lunatic cultist, the four pillars and then easily defeat the lunar boss and grind all his drops. The lunar boss in my opinion needs to be buffed to allow this attacks to go through walls before we get ANYTHING like this.

How? That's like saying that Demonite stuff is devalued by the Eater, Brain, and Eye being summonable, or mech stuff. The game should not be limited by "If this happens more people will have it so no more trades".

There's also the fact that you need the Solar, Vortex, Stardust, and Nebula Fragments to make the armor. There's no way in hell you could make everything that needs Luminite by just fighting him, because he doesn't drop any of them. The pillars, which, I'm not sure how many times it's been said at this point, you'd have to have already killed to make this do drop those things. There's no avoiding fighting them at least once, probably more since you will not get everything you need from one Lunar Event.

Here's the problems with Moon Lord as-is.
1. He's really hard to practice because you need to go through the Cultists and the Four Pillars.
2. Having to kill the Cultists and the Four Pillars gets annoying after the 2nd or so time.
3. Having to go through the event after every failure/kill makes it incredibly frustrating.
4. RNG drops further make this frustrating. If the drops were made craftable this would be somewhat obsolete but it still is annoying.
5. By the time you've killed the Pillars & the Cultists ONCE you know them like the back of your hand and it gets incredibly boring.

I see the point you're trying to make but I dont think it would feel right to make it that easy to summon it. After all, its the end-game boss.
But if it needs to be, make the Moon Lord summon item something like the golem's, which you need an altar and use some sort of "fuel" to activate it. Perhaps the moonlord himself could drop said altar so you have to go through the whole event at least once.

Its a complex event, well thought out with a lot of work put into it, so the devs really want the player to experience that end-game vibe; perhaps thats why you dont have a way to quickly activate it... yet.

I see the point you're trying to make but I dont think it would feel right to make it that easy to summon it. After all, its the end-game boss.
But if it needs to be, make the Moon Lord summon item something like the golem's, which you need an altar and use some sort of "fuel" to activate it. Perhaps the moonlord himself could drop said altar so you have to go through the whole event at least once.

Its a complex event, well thought out with a lot of work put into it, so the devs really want the player to experience that end-game vibe; perhaps thats why you dont have a way to quickly activate it... yet.
The problem is is that the boss itself is incredibly hard to fight, which is fine, but then you need to be put through a difficult event just to re-summon him. And you can't just summon the Moon Lord using my recipe out of the blue, you HAVE to go through the event at least once. Having to kill it once just to be able to resummon him with ease seems annoying.

illuminate bars would make more sense than iron considering it being an endgame item.
What is an illuminate bar? Do you mean Luminite? It's already been said several times that isn't what is wanted from this. Besides, the fragments are also endgame.

Back
Top Bottom