Items Doomsday Counter - A Summoner for the Final Boss!

This is a great idea. There's no reason why there shouldn't be a summoner item for the Moon Lord. (Well I guess there could be a few.) But for the most part, he should have a respectable item that draws his attention.

Everybody kinda does, but you can't think a game to be made based on the fact there will be a wiki for it. Terraria has a guide npc that basically tells you every recipe linked to every material you can find, which basically works as an in-game wiki. I do check the wiki too, mostly because I stress that I might miss some pieces of content, but even then I usually don't spoil myself the bosses.

I spend more time on the wiki than on the game itself because I own a mac and only get to play terraria on a friend's pc. I guess that's why I find out about the boss's attacks and it's drops before I even fight the boss.

Oh... I didn't know that the moon lord was buffed to 145k hp. Then I agree that it's like a damage sponge, but there still are quite a lot of high dps weapons such as the phantasm or daybreak which can be obtained before the moon lord.
As he stands now, on Normal each hand has 25,000 HP. The head has 45,000. The Core has 50,000. He's tougher than the pillars and the cultist, with all if his moves and the buffs he keeps getting it starts to become more and more pointless to have to do the entire event to have a chance at him. That's why luminite isn't wanted in the recipe. If all of your preparation is against him, the event only wastes your time. The same goes even for people who have killed him and can do it again- if he drops something he already did, not only did the events waste your time, but so did he. Being able to fight just him makes it less of an annoyance if he kills you or drops a dupe.

As he stands now, on Normal each hand has 25,000 HP. The head has 45,000. The Core has 50,000. He's tougher than the pillars and the cultist, with all if his moves and the buffs he keeps getting it starts to become more and more pointless to have to do the entire event to have a chance at him. That's why luminite isn't wanted in the recipe. If all of your preparation is against him, the event only wastes your time. The same goes even for people who have killed him and can do it again- if he drops something he already did, not only did the events waste your time, but so did he. Being able to fight just him makes it less of an annoyance if he kills you or drops a dupe.

Maybe a solution for that could be to only drop a weapon that isn't in your inventory (Unless you have every single weapon) or not despawn when you die from it

Maybe a solution for that could be to only drop a weapon that isn't in your inventory (Unless you have every single weapon) or not despawn when you die from it
That would lead to someone who didn't even have a chance getting spawnkilled and watching all of their NPCs die until they quit the game.

Oh lol. You could just close the game and then reopen it for it to despawn.
do you SERIOUSLY think someone wants to be forced to do that?
Oh... I didn't know that the moon lord was buffed to 145k hp. Then I agree that it's like a damage sponge, but there still are quite a lot of high dps weapons such as the phantasm or daybreak which can be obtained before the moon lord.

I thought it was normal to check the wiki... I guess it was only me.
1. the Phantasm HAS BEEN NERFED.
2. the Solar Eruption is better in every way than the Daybreak
3. there are people who don't want to spoil the game for themselves, therefore they don't want to go to the wiki

do you SERIOUSLY think someone wants to be forced to do that?
It was what I was forced to do when I had to fight the pirate invasion with only palladium armor and no arena. But they didn't despawn even when I closed the game, which was worse.

Well it would just be their fault if they decided to fight the moon lord without proper gear, just like how it was my fault for spawning the pirate invasion when I wasn't ready.
How can you know the proper gear if you haven't fought it yet and enough times to understand how to deal with it.

The Pirate Invasion can happen randomly. The Moon Lord can't.
Exactly why it would be the player's fault if he or she caused the moon lord event. It can't happen randomly.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436772756,1436772668][/DOUBLEPOST]
How can you know the proper gear if you haven't fought it yet and enough times to understand how to deal with it.
If you were able to beat the celestial event and the cultist boss, you probably should be able beat the moon lord.

If you were able to beat the celestial event and the cultist boss, you probably should be able beat the moon lord.
Yeah, you should. But that's not how it is. He's more than one league above the pillars and the cultist. Being able to finish the rest of the event really has no bearing on how well you'll do against him.

Yeah, you should. But that's not how it is. He's more than one league above the pillars and the cultist. Being able to finish the rest of the event really has no bearing on how well you'll do against him.
But you probably need at least Beetle/Spectre/Shroomite armor in order to beat the event, and the fragments from the event can be used to craft the highest tier of weapons that can be used to fight the moonlord.

But you probably need at least Beetle/Spectre/Shroomite armor in order to beat the event, and the fragments from the event can be used to craft the highest tier of weapons that can be used to fight the moonlord.
You also need Fishron Wings, potentially Tabi or the UFO mount. Moon Lord's death beam is going to be unavoidable otherwise. Nowhere it says these are requirements.

Being able to craft that gear isn't an autowin nor an easy victory. It won't be enough on its own.

You also need Fishron Wings, potentially Tabi or the UFO mount. Moon Lord's death beam is going to be unavoidable otherwise. Nowhere it says these are requirements.

You probably will have a good enough wing by then, and I've seen plenty of people beat the moon lord without a mount or a dash accessory. The death beam is avoidable if you just use a rod of discord or hide under a block like Yrimir.

Being able to craft that gear isn't an autowin nor an easy victory. It won't be enough on its own.

But they are the highest tiered gear that you can use to fight the moon lord, which means that it all comes down to the arena you have and how good you are.

You probably will have a good enough wing by then, and I've seen plenty of people beat the moon lord without a mount or a dash accessory. The death beam is avoidable if you just use a rod of discord or hide under a block like Yrimir.
Honestly the alternatives you listed are much less available (namely Rod of Discord) or require preparation (roof).

Back
Top Bottom