Console Dual Threat: Terraria is Coming to Wii U and 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that it would come at the cost of smaller worlds if it was a new nintendo 3ds exclusive feature. I don't know if it's even possible but if it is I would appreciate the feature if it was included. But don't mind me, I'm just one of the small bunch of people who actually use the 3d on the 3ds.
I use 3D too. But at the moment Terraria will be the same on all 3DS systems and I think that will make it more inclusive than adding a trivial 3D feature.

While I admit that 3D would be cool, I think adding it would take extra time that isn't really worth it. If anything, it should be added post-launch in an update

Hello from Austria

At first, thank you!
To everyone who is developing Terraria on every platform.
Your doing a good job and make it possible to enjoy this fantastic game!

Now something i think it could be important/cool.
Sorry if this question was already answered or not, but:
What's about World sharing and/or Cloud Save of World/Charakter files?
Will it be possible on the 3DS/N3DS?

And because the 3DS/N3DS save-files are on a SD-Card/micro SD-Card - could it be possible to connect the card to a PC and put World Files
from a PC-Terraria-Version on the card to play it on 3DS/N3DS ? (If the worldfile is on the same version of the 3DS Terraria [1.2.4])

Hope someone could answer my question,
Thanks and have a nice day, community! ;)

Hello from Austria

At first, thank you!
To everyone who is developing Terraria on every platform.
Your doing a good job and make it possible to enjoy this fantastic game!

Now something i think it could be important/cool.
Sorry if this question was already answered or not, but:
What's about World sharing and/or Cloud Save of World/Charakter files?
Will it be possible on the 3DS/N3DS?

And because the 3DS/N3DS save-files are on a SD-Card/micro SD-Card - could it be possible to connect the card to a PC and put World Files
from a PC-Terraria-Version on the card to play it on 3DS/N3DS ? (If the worldfile is on the same version of the 3DS Terraria [1.2.4])

Hope someone could answer my question,
Thanks and have a nice day, community! ;)

Won't be possible, I'm afraid. Even if we overcame the huge technical hurdle to make the saves portable across systems, the size of the PC world just won't transfer to 3DS.

Maybe for the next generation of handheld consoles that would be a possibility. I can definitely see the appeal.

Couldn't you do a one way transfer from a 3DS to a PC?
I know they're different but aren't the map files formatted the same way?
If not you could always write a program that moves block coordibates into the new format (not saying I think you should)
But about those demos, you've got me curious.

If not you could always write a program that moves block coordibates into the new format (not saying I think you should)
I don't know a single thing about coding but I feel like since its two entirely different systems you can't just transfer a world without something corrupting. Then again, I could be entirely wrong. I don't know why you would want to transfer a 3ds world to PC anyway, because I feel like some mini biomes or such won't be in 3ds version. It'd be kinda pointless.

But about those demos, you've got me curious.
At that point you'd basically need a 3DS emulator. PC terraria uses XMA which no other gaming system uses.

I meant more of 3DS to Wii U transfer.
Anyway, I don't really care about any of that. I'm just anxious for the release. In terms of a time frame, do you guys think it'll be ready by March?

Last edited:
Will summoner be an play style on 3DS? I love being able to play as a summoner, and hoping even thou it's 1.2 that it's viable

Oh god yeah I wanted the Guardian... and that cool futuristic looking stealth ranger armor that turns invisible... man... that's a lot of stuff haha

Man, I can't wait to have Terraria crash while saving on 3DS just like on my Vita! Quality craftsmanship for all handhelds!

Man, I can't wait to have Terraria crash while saving on 3DS just like on my Vita! Quality craftsmanship for all handhelds!
Somebody's salty today. How do you know that the 3ds version will crash?
At least wait until you play it before you make these assumptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom