Console Dual Threat: Terraria is Coming to Wii U and 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many MB is a "Block" though? Because the 3DS measures it all in Blocks, and I don't know how much that translates to MB, or if it's even just the same thing?
1 block is the equivalent of 1 megabit, which is 1/8 of a megabyte. 60 megabytes converts to 480 blocks, 80 megabytes converts to 640 blocks.

Will the cartridge have updates? or do i have to get all updates through the eshop?
will modding be possible?
will i be able to play with my 3ds version terraria, together with a friend who plays on the wii u version of terraria? in the same room.

Will the cartridge have updates? or do i have to get all updates through the eshop?
will modding be possible?
will i be able to play with my 3ds version terraria, together with a friend who plays on the wii u version of terraria? in the same room.

For the cart version, you will need to download the updates from the eShop.

No modding possible.

No cross platform play - the content and world sizes are different across the two Nintendo versions.

It's probably too early to say, but is there likely to be an update between now and the physical release?

I'm just speculating, but the gap between releases (digital/physical) may suggest that the boxed game will ship with an updated version, that's why it's not coming out sooner?

Game isn't even out yet and I'm hype for updates!

It's probably too early to say, but is there likely to be an update between now and the physical release?

I'm just speculating, but the gap between releases (digital/physical) may suggest that the boxed game will ship with an updated version, that's why it's not coming out sooner?

Game isn't even out yet and I'm hype for updates!
As Deanzor already explained, physical copies need to be flashed onto cartridges, packaged, and shipped all across the world to retailers, which can take several weeks. That's why Deanzor originally believed that the game would not make it before 2016. It's only the decision to split the releases of the physical and digital copies that allows for the game to be digitally available this early. The copy of the game on a physical cartridge must be completed and ready long before it's actually available for purchase.

If there is an update to the game by then, the physical cartridge will not possess it out of the box for these reasons.

As Deanzor already explained, physical copies need to be flashed onto cartridges, packaged, and shipped all across the world to retailers, which can take several weeks. That's why Deanzor originally believed that the game would not make it before 2016. It's only the decision to split the releases of the physical and digital copies that allows for the game to be digitally available this early. The copy of the game on a physical cartridge must be completed and ready long before it's actually available for purchase.

If there is an update to the game by then, the physical cartridge will not possess it out of the box for these reasons.

That's nothing new. Why don't people know how this works already? I'm surprised.

Hi i really love this game and i has been read all this thread and i want to ask a question to you Deanzor:

The summoner class will be avaiable with the majority of summon items?

Thanks! and great job!

@Deanzor i uploaded my message because i want to know if the 3ds version of terraria includes summoner class

Thanks again for your job!

Alright I'm testing it out. This should be interesting seeing as I'm using my crappy 3DS. I don't know how it'll play on here. It's slowed down significantly since I bought it and the L button has ceased function (until I blow into it) and it has many dead pixels. I'll be upgrading to a New 3DS soon though, so I'll be able to see how it compares across both systems.

Actually runs perfectly fine on my own regular 3DS. Has a solid 30 fps, which is lower than PC, but still great. And no fps drops or lag either.

Yeah, the little saving icon is fun.

Also, the building interface works like a charm. Takes out quite a bit of hassle out of furnishing homes.

Speaking of homes, somehow I got two Guides. Strange.

Wait, it's not already out, is it?

How exactly did that happen? Did another guide just move in randomly? Sorry, I'm curious. :p
A few of us got early download codes to see how well the game runs before the true release.

And, I have no idea. I just build an extra house and next thing I know, I get a second guide instead of the Merchant I was hoping for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom