Duke Fishron drops

Blacklawn

Terrarian
The wiki states that all of his main drops have a 20% probability, which would make sense. However, I've fought him at least 15 times and he's yet to drop a Flairon, while he's dropped Tempest Staff at least EIGHT times. Is there something wrong with the probabilities in game, or am I just terribly unlucky?

I think they should add a material to craft the weapons like with hallowed bars and the mechs.

But for your problem, thats RNG for you :(
Just keep trying. You will eventually get it.

The wiki states that all of his main drops have a 20% probability, which would make sense. However, I've fought him at least 15 times and he's yet to drop a Flairon, while he's dropped Tempest Staff at least EIGHT times. Is there something wrong with the probabilities in game, or am I just terribly unlucky?
RNG is a terrible thing in this game, if you dont respect it... then RNG wont respect you. #TrueStory

Your just terribly unlucky, I was too. I killed him around 30-40 times before I got fishron wings

It's all RNG.

I got his wings for example on my third try, then I got it again after some time on the first try... and then I killed him over 70 times without getting any wings.

Soooo... yeaaah, keep on making pork/fish/dragon chops. :p

I think they should add a material to craft the weapons like with hallowed bars and the mechs.

But for your problem, thats RNG for you :(
Just keep trying. You will eventually get it.

I'd be all for Fishron dropping crafting materials, but it shouldn't be that easy to craft items. Here's one thing I wouldn't mind seeing:

Suppose the the Fishron weapons were "legendary weapons" that required not only other crafting materials from bosses or events in hardmode, but also very rare crafting materials hidden somewhere in the map/biome (1 of each rare material would spawn in each map underground or maybe even a specific biome for instance). This would also be luck-based, but luck associated with exploration and not with a repetitive action such as beating a boss. Plus, with this approach to crafting, you'd be absolutely guaranteed to get the item if you eventually explored the entire map.

By the way, I take no issue with RNG as it is in the game, but I would certainly be in favor of making items be based more on achievements and exploration rather than repetitive actions.

Perhaps I should post this in the suggestions forum as the devs work on 1.3?

I'd be all for Fishron dropping crafting materials, but it shouldn't be that easy to craft items. Here's one thing I wouldn't mind seeing:

Suppose the the Fishron weapons were "legendary weapons" that required not only other crafting materials from bosses or events in hardmode, but also very rare crafting materials hidden somewhere in the map/biome (1 of each rare material would spawn in each map underground or maybe even a specific biome for instance). This would also be luck-based, but luck associated with exploration and not with a repetitive action such as beating a boss. Plus, with this approach to crafting, you'd be absolutely guaranteed to get the item if you eventually explored the entire map.

By the way, I take no issue with RNG as it is in the game, but I would certainly be in favor of making items be based more on achievements and exploration rather than repetitive actions.

Perhaps I should post this in the suggestions forum as the devs work on 1.3?
I would have the flairon require golem fist (because right now it is worse than flower pow) and whatever new material- maybe fishron scales? fishron wings would require steampunk (because it is associated with lunar boss or event), spooky, tattered fairy, and festive wings and fishron scales. Tsunami would require pulse bow and fishron scales (or just fishron scales and chlorophyte bars). Razorblade typhoon would require a spell tome and fishron scales. Bubble gun would probably just stay as a drop from fishron.

I will make a suggestion about this probably :)

Collecting Truffle Worms is much more fair I think, because you can guarantee getting your hands on tons of them with a little ingenuity. It's good design when you get rewarded for putting a bit of thought into how to obtain certain items instead of relying on the RNG.

Collecting Truffle Worms is much more fair I think, because you can guarantee getting your hands on tons of them with a little ingenuity. It's good design when you get rewarded for putting a bit of thought into how to obtain certain items instead of relying on the RNG.
*meanwhile Snickerbobble sits around in truffle worm farm for hours on end with no luck*

Truffle worm spawns are also RNG.. there should be a better way to summon the boss. I don't think it's good design to kinda force players to turn mushroom gardens into pacman mazes. And sometimes player can't even find a mushroom garden..

*meanwhile Snickerbobble sits around in truffle worm farm for hours on end with no luck*

Truffle worm spawns are also RNG.. there should be a better way to summon the boss. I don't think it's good design to kinda force players to turn mushroom gardens into pacman mazes. And sometimes player can't even find a mushroom garden..

If you're sitting in a Truffle Worm farm for "hours" without luck you need to rethink your farm. Your comment about "pac-man mazes" I think belies the problem here - more spawn surfaces do NOT increase spawn rates. If you want to get Truffle Worms easily, you need to create one single surface in the cavern layer, block spawns outside of that surface, mount a water candle and put down 80 jungle grass blocks on screen (below the mushroom surface is fine), drink a battle potion, and start killing spawns left and right making sure you don't fire any projectiles at ground level that might kill the worms. You can even construct a dart trap battery that will do the surface killing for you. With such a set-up, you can get close to about 4-5 worms per minute and get more worms than you need in a very short time span.

There are guides in the guide section on the old forums detailing how to build dart trap batteries and how to build good truffle worm farms (Full Metal Kirby created the ideal set-up for farming, to which I added dart trap batteries to create my own 300 worm/hr farm). I can find and link you to his guide, and my truffle farm video if you'd like.

Last edited:
If my my statistics class serves me right, this is as simple as taking the probability of failure (a.k.a. the probability of not getting what you want) and multiplying it by itself however many times you fight him. If it is truly random and there are no other factors or influences, then:

0.8^15=0.03518

In other words, you have a 3.518% chance of not getting what you want after fighting him 15 times. Likely to happen? No. Possible? Yep.

Add in the fact that that RNG is likely a conscience entity of malevolent and merciless annoyance that purposely doesn't give you what you want, and you can be at it for awhile.

Try making a sacrifice of the rarest item you have to the RNG gods, like an enchanted sword, And by sacrifice I mean throw it in lava and then quit an re-enter the game. Build a shrine above the lava if you want.

I got four bubble guns before I got a Flarion in the span of 20 fights. It takes a while :(

Back
Top Bottom