PC Eater of World Problems

TheGamerMan757

Steampunker
Hello
I've played Terraria a lot and have done quite a few playthroughs now, but now I'm doing an Expert Mode playthrough. My first. Unfortunately I am stuck at the Eater of Worlds and have tried several times to kill him. I forget how many. The problem is I'm just dying too quickly.
My gear is
-Silver armor
-Shield of Cthulhu
-Tsunami in a bottle
-Band of regen
-Hermes Boots
-Lucky Horseshoe

My weapons are falcon blade and ball o' hurt.
Additionally I'm using the slime saddle sometimes to bounce on him.
The falcon blade does very good damage against him, but if I get that close to him I'll get killed, specifically because of the vile spit. The ball o' hurt isn't doing particularly well in damage.
What should I do? What strategies should I be using and what weapons should I be fighting him with??

The problem is the Vile Spit, and how difficult it is to dodge if you use melee. Therefore I advice getting a ranged or magic weapon instead, keeping your distance and attempting to dodge the spit (which isn't all that hard, as it is slow and destroyed on contact with either one of your attacks or a solid surface).

The problem is the Vile Spit, and how difficult it is to dodge if you use melee. Therefore I advice getting a ranged or magic weapon instead, keeping your distance and attempting to dodge the spit (which isn't all that hard, as it is slow and destroyed on contact with either one of your attacks or a solid surface).
Any specific weapons in mind?

Any specific weapons in mind?

I myself used the Space Gun, which worked very well. Just smash one Shadow Orb and wait for a Meteorite to drop. If Meteor Heads become a problem, just farm some until you get a banner. With that, they are a nuisance at most, even on Expert Mode.

Further to what Kazzymodus said, make sure your Terraria version is up to date. Vile Spit from the EoW was originally bugged and it dealt as much damage as the Corruptor's Vile Spit. This was fixed in later versions of 1.3.

If you manage to find a Water Bolt in the dungeon's entrance, it's very effective against EoW. Another effective weapons are bows with Jester's/Unholy Arrows or grenades.

Back
Top Bottom