Efficient Crafting Area setup

EtherealOde

Terrarian
I recently started playing Terraria, and am having some problems figuring out how to setup a crafting room. I've Googled the question to no avail, can someone point me in the right direction?

Do you mean what crafting stations to make when you first start? Make a workbench first with wood. Then with wood and stone and torches make a furnace. Next you'll need to make iron (or lead) ore into bars at the furnace. Once you get enough, you can make an anvil. Those are the very early game stations.

You can also give the Guide items and he'll tell you what can be made with that item and what crafting station at which you need to do it.

What I meant was that there are so many different crafting devices that I was wondering how to efficiently place them in a small space.

On a side note, is there a good guide out there for new players to show you how to progress in the game, and in what stages? I am not sure of the exact way to phrase this question, being pretty new to the game. What I am wondering is will I end up deleting my world and character once I really learn how to play the game, due to making a bunch of mistakes while a newbie? I know this is a secondary question, but it is kind of related to the first one. Apologies if I broke a posting rule with this.

Ah, I see. Your best bet is to place the shorter crafting stations (workbench, anvil) on a wooden platform on top of the taller crafting stations (furnace).

I don't think you'll end up making mistakes that are so bad you'll need to delete the world and start over - unless you're a perfectionist. In which case it may be unavoidable. I've found that I prefer crimson to corruption so I won't keep a world unless it has crimson. And after playing for a bit, I've found that I prefer to live in a snow biome. So you might find things while playing that you wish your world had. But I think you'll be okay otherwise. Just don't throw anything away if it is listed as a material as you may find you need it later. `:)

Here's some good guides for new players over at the wiki.
Wiki Getting Started <check the More Info at bottom to see list of bosses and suggested progression
Wiki Crafting 101 <has a list of crafting stations and lots of good pics on arranging them.

No worries :) The image links in the post aren't working properly, but the whole article is really good.

Back
Top Bottom