tModLoader Elerium Mod (Coders Wanted)

Surely many of you have heard of Calamity Mod. In it there is a sea boss Leviathan. We (to be honest, not me, because i don't played Calamity) believe that the developers of Calamity implemented it poorly (because in mythology it is a giant sea serpent, when in Calamity it looks more like a whale) and we want to correct this injustice in relation to this monster. Should we call our sea boss Leviathan?

So, vote on pool.
I don't have a problem with it as long as the sprite and boss fight is different enough from the calamity version.

Surely many of you have heard of Calamity Mod. In it there is a sea boss Leviathan. We (to be honest, not me, because i don't played Calamity) believe that the developers of Calamity implemented it poorly (because in mythology it is a giant sea serpent, when in Calamity it looks more like a whale) and we want to correct this injustice in relation to this monster. Should we call our sea boss Leviathan?

So, vote on pool.
I think you should use another name so that this boss wouldn't be confused with Calamity's boss (although I don't have one right now that I could suggest). A sea serpent ocean boss does sound pretty rad tho.

EDIT: After doing a little research, Lotan, an ancient sea god/creature is a several (sources say 7) headed serpent, which I guess would be similar in form to the Hydra from Greek mythology? It could be related to or referenced as the Leviathan, or at least that's what I've seen from a couple sources. Lotan as a name sounds cool, but that's up to you guys.

Last edited:

So, vote on pool.

Just popping in to say there are many versions of the leviathan, ranging from serpents, to dragons, to whales. So calamity's dragon/whale hybrid fits fine imo. And in modern days the name is even further vague so you could name nearly any large aquatic monster a leviathan.

So by that same logic I'd say its fine to make a serpent leviathan (might wanna name it something else like Mr. CBass said to avoid confusion), as this mod looks pretty sweet so far and there aren't a whole lot of ocean bosses in modded Terraria, so this could definitely help to spice the ocean up.

Well. Sadly Heretic forgot to say why do we want a Leviathan. So to be true, we (developers) have a dilema about the name for new water boss. As fisrt we wanted to name it Jormungand from the Scandinavian mythology. So should we do a Leviathan or Jormungand or something else? (As for me I prefer Jormungand)

Well. Sadly Heretic forgot to say why do we want a Leviathan. So to be true, we (developers) have a dilema about the name for new water boss. As fisrt we wanted to name it Jormungand from the Scandinavian mythology. So should we do a Leviathan or Jormungand or something else? (As for me I prefer Jormungand)
Jormungand is :red:ing badass. I think you should make the sprite resemble this: http://wierdnwildcreatures.wikia.com/wiki/Jormungand

So, considering the voting results, we decided to call the sea boss Jörmungard. Also, you can now see the progression and plans for preparing new bosses on the list in OP.

"The Pharaoh is sleeping..."
FBTCNby.png

Back
Top Bottom