Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Needs some work!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, feed it to the Wall of Flesh.

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

GrampaSwood

Duke Fishron
I thought it would be fun to have a little Encyclopedia, once you kill an enemy it's listed there (Including rarity, drops, health, defense etc.).
I was thinking it could have some pages for weapons/items, you know, where to find this, when to find this all that stuff you know.
It could be an icon above your housing icon. Of course it has a search bar, I mean with the Terraria content.
It also has a meter which tells how much enemies you've killed of all the enemies. ([Player name] has killed [percentage] of all enemies in [World name]).
It's bound to character too and it tells you how much you have kileld ([Play name] has killed [amount] of [Enemy name]). It also shows the amount of different types (for example: Slimed zombie, Bald Zomibee, Twiggy Zombie).
And (for 1.3 VERY handy) it has an achievement tab too!

Have any questions? Feel free to post them down below and I'll be answering them as soon as possible!

Last edited:
Enemy needs to be beaten first (Rare enemies such as Pinky and Nymph/Lost Girl are a problem.).
Crafting recipes are not included (Otherwise why would you need a guide?).
An item needs to be obtained first (Thus making one time items such as Terra Blade and stuff useless to have.).
Don't consider cons in a suggestion, the only con a suggestion might have is that it can be OP.

Otherwise why would you need a guide?
To open doors and let zombies in?

Anyways, no, since the wiki doesn't require you to kill the enemies, it already has the crafting recipes and is pretty easy to get to anyways, I think that even if this is implemented, it would't be used much.

It would make more sense, yes.
Ok, I will delete it from the post then.
[DOUBLEPOST=1428299790][/DOUBLEPOST]
To open doors and let zombies in?

Anyways, no, since the wiki doesn't require you to kill the enemies, it already has the crafting recipes and is pretty easy to get to anyways, I think that even if this is implemented, it would't be used much.
Yeah but I think every Terrarian once had that moment ''Where could I find that item again.'' for example:
I needed to make a Spelunker Potion, but I couldn't find the Moonglow so I had to go to the wiki (My laptop is slow so I can't go to the gamepedia in 1, 2, 3) to find out it needs to be night time for moonglow in the Jungle.

Yeah but I think every Terrarian once had that moment ''Where could I find that item again.'' for example:
I needed to make a Spelunker Potion, but I couldn't find the Moonglow so I had to go to the wiki (My laptop is slow so I can't go to the gamepedia in 1, 2, 3) to find out it needs to be night time for moonglow in the Jungle.
At the risk of sounding mean here, I would say that it's kind of your fault if you have slow WiFi anyways, but you also left out how you would access it, through a button or what?

At the risk of sounding mean here, I would say that it's kind of your fault if you have slow WiFi anyways, but you also left out how you would access it, through a button or what?
It isn't the WIFI it's the PC, and wouldn't it be faster if you had it in-game already. Press esc, press the button and type in the item and there you have it.

Also read the original post again, I didn't eave that out. ;) I honestly think you need to get your eyes checked (Not mean, I already explained how to acces it and said it's my laptop!).

Honestly, I've always wanted an in-game journal. Which I could type up findings, like what does this, how to find this, whatever. Like a writable book (like in Minecraft) over an encyclopedia. I know there are signs, but they up space and tend to fill up pretty quick.

Honestly, I've always wanted an in-game journal. Which I could type up findings, like what does this, how to find this, whatever. Like a writable book (like in Minecraft) over an encyclopedia. I know there are signs, but they up space and tend to fill up pretty quick.
Yeah maybe it can have a jounal function too. I'd like to have one like that too!

to my knowledge, what you're suggesting, is commonly referred to by older gamers as "a beastiary".

my only question about it however is, will the feature be linked to the character or the world itself?
for me, this is an extremely important difference.

on a more direct point, i actually like the idea of having an in-game beastiary/encyclopedia to log our kills, have statistics and loot drop info available to us based on the mobs we've killed.

i'd like to make a secondary suggestion for you to consider adding, since the terraria community could treat this kind of like an "achievement" thing. have it give a percentage indicator somewhere in/on it that tells us what percentage of the mob types we've actually killed. it would be pretty cool to know how many different thing's we've stomped out of existence with a percentage indicator ^_^

"Playername has destroyed 73% of the known creature types in terraria."

to my knowledge, what you're suggesting, is commonly referred to by older gamers as "a beastiary".

my only question about it however is, will the feature be linked to the character or the world itself?
for me, this is an extremely important difference.

on a more direct point, i actually like the idea of having an in-game beastiary/encyclopedia to log our kills, have statistics and loot drop info available to us based on the mobs we've killed.

i'd like to make a secondary suggestion for you to consider adding, since the terraria community could treat this kind of like an "achievement" thing. have it give a percentage indicator somewhere in/on it that tells us what percentage of the mob types we've actually killed. it would be pretty cool to know how many different thing's we've stomped out of existence with a percentage indicator ^_^

"Playername has destroyed 73% of the known creature types in terraria."
And to track the kills: ''Playername has killed 400 zombies'' and It's linked the to character (As the character killed the enemies).

Yes. I'm lazy to go to the wiki.
Suggestion: when you read about a certain mob, it should have a description like the pvz almanac. It should also have a variants tab to segregate slimed zombies and normal ones.

Agreed - I like filling beastiaries, etc. to see stats. And it gives something else to work toward: killing at least one of each enemy and so on. Do want!

As for how to get it... it could be a placeable item that the player can interact with, like a dresser. Or it could be part of the main menu.

I support, but only if there's flavor text for all the monsters. Also, maybe you would spawn with it? It makes sense to have it from the start.

I support, but only if there's flavor text for all the monsters. Also, maybe you would spawn with it? It makes sense to have it from the start.
Flavor text? I don't kno what that is (I'm not English). Yeah you spawn it it, like you're send from your parents with a book.

Back
Top Bottom