Items Endgame Upgrade to Musket Pouch/Endless Quiver

Aceplante

Official Terrarian
I am honestly surprised to find the Endless quiver and musket pouch do not have an endgame upgrade.

So I would like to suggest one. It could be crafted with either chlorophyte or Luminte(?) and provide about 12 base damage instead of 7, plus maybe boost fire speed of ranged weapons by 5%?

Last edited:
what do you have in mind for the upgrade though? just higher damage ammo?

I thought it might be cool to have a quiver/pouch that can change the ammo type to whatever you currently have, but that's also sound too broken lol.

what do you have in mind for the upgrade though? just higher damage ammo?

I thought it might be cool to have a quiver/pouch that can change the ammo type to whatever you currently have, but that's also sound too broken lol.
Edited description

I used to want this but now that ammo stacks to 9999 I don't think this is particularly necessary anymore. But a small endgame upgrade to the endless ammo items that's slightly better than common arrows/musket balls but not as good as any of the better crafted ammo could still be pretty nice.

Actually, what about making the upgrade version copy the damage of the arrow/bullet in the slot below it? Probably only copy a portion of the damage so it would function like having infinite ammo of a lower tier, which might as well treat as an even lower tier since it won't have any special effect.

Actually, what about making the upgrade version copy the damage of the arrow/bullet in the slot below it? Probably only copy a portion of the damage so it would function like having infinite ammo of a lower tier, which might as well treat as an even lower tier since it won't have any special effect.
That would be WAY to op. Why not have it just be a set number like 12?

That would be WAY to op. Why not have it just be a set number like 12?
Because I think 12 would make it become obsolete again by the endgame. If you think 12 is not too op to allow it to be crafted with chlorophyte aka post-mech tier, then I don't think my idea would be that op.

At that post-mech point, unless I missed something, the highest damage bullet is Ichor at 13 damage, with cursed as a close second at 12 damage. And the highest damage arrow is cursed at 17 damage, with ichor/chlorophyte as a close second at 16 damage.
So, I was thinking of copy probably only 75% of damage, getting to about 9 damage for bullet and 12 damage for arrow at that post-mech tier. Pretty much a silver bullet and an unholy arrow without piercing.

Then post-plantera will give access to higher damage ammo, 15 damage venom/nano bullet and 19 damage venom arrow. 75% is about 11/14, so the bullet is on par with 11 damage high velocity bullet and the arrow is slightly better than 13 damage holy arrow, but again it only has damage and no special effect so I think it is still at a reasonable level.

Finally, post-moonlord will give luminite bullet at 20 damage, and while luminite arrow has 30 effective damage due to its secondary bolt, I will sadly only count its 15 base damage for this purpose so arrow would have to stick with venom for its damage. But anyway, 75% for bullet is 15, bringing it to venom/nano bullet level of damage.
This is probably the only point that I think it might be too op for bullet, but you can always adjust the number. it doesn't have to be 75% for bullet, you can tune it down to maybe 60%-65% for bullet to still get an improvement over regular musket at post-mech tier at about 8 damage, while post-moonlord will be 12-13 damage, being at cursed/ichor level.
Which kinda contradict my reason in the first place that 12 damage is too low for endgame, but the point is that this can be adjust to what you would consider reasonable.

Or just nerf luminite bullet base damage, it is the only thing messing with my calculation here lol.

Last edited:
If this infinite ammo thing you're suggesting is post-Moonlord, does it even need any balancing?

But if it isn't then it'd be easier to just get the final damage and multiply it by some fraction like 80%, rather than thinking about numbers for each different ammo.

If this infinite ammo thing you're suggesting is post-Moonlord, does it even need any balancing?

But if it isn't then it'd be easier to just get the final damage and multiply it by some fraction like 80%, rather than thinking about numbers for each different ammo.
True, that is actually much easier lol. Just need to make multiple upgrades of it and done.

Or just make it 12 instead of 7

A slightly different concept for this: an accessory, potion or togglable inventory item (like the Encumbering Stone) that gives 100% ammo conservation at the cost of reducing the damage you deal, say by 3/4.

A slightly different concept for this: an accessory, potion or togglable inventory item (like the Encumbering Stone) that gives 100% ammo conservation at the cost of reducing the damage you deal, say by 3/4.
Thats what the musket pouch does, except its constant instead of variated, plus you would only need 1 of each ammo then?

Thats what the musket pouch does, except its constant instead of variated, plus you would only need 1 of each ammo then?
Nope, ammo conservation works with any ammo, including everything that's not a bullet or arrow, and with the damage penalty you'd want turn it off and spend actual ammo in hard fights. In other situations it would allow you to use certain things without having to worry about being wasteful, for example using Fallen Stars weapons to farm mobs or trying to get a Coin Gun in early hardmode and using it with a single platinum coin to carry you until better options become available.

Back
Top Bottom