Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Controller (please specify type)
If the last item I placed in my main inventory was equipable and I open the store for an NPC, sometimes the item will swap with another item in my equipment slots. I hear the item placement sound as the NPC shop opens.

If I am not careful, I can accidentally sell the valuable item I had in my equipment slots by mistake. This mistake is easy to make if I have a lot of items to sell (for example, after opening all the crates from a fishing expedition.) Its harder to spot if the item is the same but with a lesser modifier than than the one that was in the equipment slot (for example, the spiked frog leg from a crate swapped with the warding frog leg in the equipment slot.)

Terraria 1.4.0.3
Using xBox 360 wireless controller

Edit: Its not just NPC stores, but chests also. I just had my Horseshoe Balloon swap with a Compass I got from a chest in an underground cabin.

Last edited:
Not sure if this will help, but I heavily edited my input.json file to get a controller setup that worked well for me. See attached (custom section at end), and thanks for working so hard on this game!

Attachments

• input profiles.json
    17.6 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom