Game Mechanics Equippable Water/Peace Candles

Aceplante

Official Terrarian
It would be nice if we had the option to equip a water candle to gain the debuff wherever we went, rather than needing to place a bunch down.

Of course, this takes up a valuable accessory slot, so most would still prefer to place it down, but it would still be a nice quality of life change.

Edit: The peace candle should also be equippable.

If you liked this post, I have a similar idea posted here: Equippable Banners

Last edited:
But you have to bring a Water Potion/Peace Candle with you anyway to use this. Placing it lets you use an accessory slot for something else. If they stacked, then maybe, but being able to equip it isn't really better than just placing it.

But you have to bring a Water Potion/Peace Candle with you anyway to use this. Placing it lets you use an accessory slot for something else. If they stacked, then maybe, but being able to equip it isn't really better than just placing it.
If there is an arena you frequent, placing it (as well as heart lanterns, campfire, the usual stuff) may be preferred as it frees up an accessory slot as you mentioned. However, for invasion events, timed events (such as blood moons/solar eclipses), the pillars, the dungeon, temple, or just general use, it would be really helpful to be able to equip it too!

Can't you just keep at least 1 in your inventory at all times and mine it when you wanna bring it somewhere?
Oh you mean like the current mechanics? I suppose so but that would be extremely tedious and what if you forget to and have to go back for it? I feel like this would be a nice QOL change

Oh you mean like the current mechanics? I suppose so but that would be extremely tedious and what if you forget to and have to go back for it? I feel like this would be a nice QOL change
If you forget it somewhere, by the time the Dungeon is open you should have good enough movement accessories so it's not a hassle to go to where you left it. Also you can find like 15 more Water Candles in the Dungeon in case you lose it, and Peace Candles are already craftable.

If you forget it somewhere, by the time the Dungeon is open you should have good enough movement accessories so it's not a hassle to go to where you left it. Also you can find like 15 more Water Candles in the Dungeon in case you lose it, and Peace Candles are already craftable.
You can still place them if you want, but I’m saying this would be a nice QOL change for several reasons. Besides, equipping it ensures you’re never “out of range” etc. Why not have both placing and equipping?

and Peace Candles are already craftable.
Water Candle is also craftable.
It would be nice if we had the option to equip a water candle to gain the debuff wherever we went, rather than needing to place a bunch down.

Of course, this takes up a valuable accessory slot, so most would still prefer to place it down, but it would still be a nice quality of life change.

Edit: The peace candle should also be equippable.
That would look silly and would waste the accessory slot. You can just hold the candle in your hand, and putting it anywhere is not an extremely difficult task.

Water Candle is also craftable.

That would look silly and would waste the accessory slot. You can just hold the candle in your hand, and putting it anywhere is not an extremely difficult task.
The problem is that it would take a lot to cover an entire area, and be way more convenient to have with you, and holding it means you cant use a weapon, but I guess battle potions are a thing?

The problem is that it would take a lot to cover an entire area, and be way more convenient to have with you, and holding it means you cant use a weapon, but I guess battle potions are a thing?
What is "an entire area"? A couple of candles are enough for a debuff anywhere in any farm arena.
Slot loss is a very, very important factor. If you want the water candle to "wear" so badly, you'd be better off just making it give a debuff when it's anywhere in your inventory, but still be switchable, similar to how shellphone and some other items do. Though I don't see a dire need for it anyway.
and holding it means you cant use a weapon
You wait for the right enemy/just a big enough bunch of enemies to appear -> switch to a weapon and kill -> repeat.

What is "an entire area"? A couple of candles are enough for a debuff anywhere in any farm arena.
Slot loss is a very, very important factor. If you want the water candle to "wear" so badly, you'd be better off just making it give a debuff when it's anywhere in your inventory, but still be switchable, similar to how shellphone and some other items do. Though I don't see a dire need for it anyway.

You wait for the right enemy/just a big enough bunch of enemies to appear -> switch to a weapon and kill -> repeat.
If it worked while in your inventory, you could have a peace candle in your inventory for reduced spawn rates everywhere at all times, and that would be too op.

If it worked while in your inventory, you could have a peace candle in your inventory for reduced spawn rates everywhere at all times, and that would be too op.
it also would still give it whether you want it to or not. Information accessories are different as they do not affect gameplay. This would. In response to it being too OP though, that's why it takes up a slot?

You can just hold a peace candle in your hand and get the same result, besides, battles with regular mobs are usually not very difficult, and more often than not, the player will need to increase his spawn rate to get the item he needs faster, the water candle will still be placed mostly in places where he is going to farm an item. This will not upset the balance.

Back
Top Bottom