Error Message and Missing Files

28-10948-3098

Terrarian
I know that I'm missing at least two things. 1 file and 1 document. The File is modcompiles and the document is debug. I dont know how to get them back or what is causing the problem
Here is the message. Please comment on the post if you know what is going on. Thank You.
1571271364690.png

Last edited:
My theory is that something is stopping tModLoader from creating the Logs folder.
But nothing stops you from creating it yourself. It even lists where It should be.

My theory is that something is stopping tModLoader from creating the Logs folder.
But nothing stops you from creating it yourself. It even lists where It should be.
So instead of saying this now, it says that the pathway is either missing or blocked. Is this the blocked error message? I'm not quite sure I understand. Could you go more in depth please.

Last edited:
So instead of saying this now, it says that the pathway is either missing or blocked. Is this the blocked error message? I'm not quite sure I understand. Could you go more in depth please.
Based on the error pathing, It was finding problems to create the Logs directory.
This one error says that there is something causing the mod loader not to be able to take actions on your folders. Both errors are related though.
Have you tried to run the mod loader as an administrator, maybe Windows is being It's wall? If you are using windows.

Edit:. I was checking the patch notes of tModLoader new version, and then I found this:
-Fix issues with logs that prevented the game from launching.
Maybe updating the mod loader will fix the issue.

Last edited:
Based on the error pathing, It was finding problems to create the Logs directory.

This one error says that there is something causing the mod loader not to be able to take actions on your folders. Both errors are related though.
Have you tried to run the mod loader as an administrator, maybe Windows is being It's wall? If you are using windows.

Edit:. I was checking the patch notes of tModLoader new version, and then I found this:

Maybe updating the mod loader will fix the issue.
First of all thank you for helping me. I really appreciate the help.

So what happened was that when I installed the latest version of tModLoader which was 0.11.5 and put it in the Terraria folder, I wasn't able to play but when I used the previous version which was 0.11.4 I was able to play so that might make it a bit confusing.

Also I am on administrator but it might be the Windows anti-virus now that I think about it. How would I disable it temporarily or let only Terraria by pass it?

I don't see any reason why Terraria should be blocked by it. I mean, you know Terraria isn't malicious (beside the final boss fight is so...).

Thank you so much, you helped me out a lot. I had been working on this for a whole week before this and you gave me one simple fix. It WAS the anti-virus and after I disabled it I was able to play modded terraria with my friends again. I do have one more question, I want to keep the antivirus on and there is an exclusions list where I can exclude the programs and the files that I don't want to be prevented from running. Now I tried some of it but I can't seem to find which ones need to be excluded. Would you mind helping me find them?

Back
Top Bottom