Error on Message Terraria.MessageBuffer

Yvori

Terrarian
This is getting annoying. I have absolutely no idea what the cause is, but it consistently spams after someone exits our dedicated server.
Like, 40+ lines of "Error on Message Terraria.MessageBuffer", and then it will just stop, succeeded by an intense lagspike where enemies don't drop items/rubberband/revive after dying/etc.
Then it continues to happen intermittently, sometimes even after both are back ingame. I have yet to determine if someone leaving even IS the cause, just that's when it seems to happen most often. It's an utter pain, and there is NO log info about it other than that repetetive line displayed in the server's command line.

I was hoping that someone more experienced with debugging Terraria mod setups, who enjoys figuring out this kind of thing and has the spare time, could tell me what on earth the cause is in this modlist, because it must be something. And I want to know what to avoid next time I'm making a server pack.
(I mean, putting aside the numerous other issues many mods have on servers currently)
Modlist as follows (Unless otherwise stated, latest versions from Mod Browser as of May 15, 2019)
(Also See Modpack file below, barring the two mods gotten from non-browser locations, which are noted at the top of the following list.)
Good Luck Have Fun (Version from here: tModLoader - Good Luck Have Fun (Harder Terraria Mod))
Vipix' Toolbox (Version from here: LyraelRayne/VipixToolBox)
'The' Fixer
Ammobox+
Angler Quest Announcement
Assorted Crazy Things
Auto Trash
Banner Bonanza
Base Mod
Better Buffs
Better Celestial Towers
Better Mana Regeneration
Better Taxes
Boss Checklist
Boss Cursor
Box of Gadgets
Buff AF
Buffed Damage over Time Debuffs
Builder's Toolbox
Camera Look
Cellphone Is Wormhole
Census - Town NPC Checklist (*Was added after issue started)
Chad's Furniture
Cheat Sheet (*Was added after issue started)
Consolaria
Critter Craze
Crouch, Crawl, and Roll
DALib
Directional Melee
Dye Easy
Elements Awoken
Elements Awoken Music
Expert Tweaks
Friendly NPCs Don't Die (*Was added after issue started)
Gadget Galore
Glowing Water
Helpful Hotkeys
Impervious Lihzahrd Furniture
Infinity - Endless Items
Inventory Tweaks
Item Stats+
JereTheJuggler's Custom Generation
Just Another Alchemist NPC
Loot Craze
Magic Storage
Mod Helpers
More Dialogue
MorePotions
Mount Fix
No Angler Timer
No More Tombs
No Text Pulse
Old One's Forgery
Peculiarity
PetRenamer
Picklock NPC
Plentiful Ores
Qwerty's Bosses and Items
Random Improvements
Realistic Blood
Recipe Browser
Reduced Grinding
Reforge Armor
Scope Toggle Hotkey
Shadows of Abaddon
Shop Expander
Shorter Respawn Time
Skip DD2 Wave Delay
TerrariaHooks
The Enigma Mod
Vanilla Tweaks
Varia (Open Beta)
Variable Potion Sickness
Various Weathers
Vex's Hotkeys
Vulnerable Beings
WeaponOut
What Ammo Does It Shoot?
Where's My Items
Which Mod Is This From?
Wing Slot
Wingless Flight
Wireless
Wormholes
Yet Another Boss Health Bar

Attachments

• MsgBufferErrorPack.json
    1.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Mod Configs.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 122
If the error logs contain no hint to which mod is causing this then you'll just have to do the classic "disable mods until the error stops." But it's more difficult since you're using a server so the error could be caused by an issue with the mod not being multiplayer compatible.

If the error logs contain no hint to which mod is causing this then you'll just have to do the classic "disable mods until the error stops." But it's more difficult since you're using a server so the error could be caused by an issue with the mod not being multiplayer compatible.
It's made even harder by every mod we've installed having worked in some capacity in Multiplayer. so it's not even a case of "find the nonfunctional mod"
it's more a case of "find which one of these semi-functional, in fact mostly or entirely functional mods".
Not to mention each time we disable something decently-sized we risk breaking something in the world.

This is a pretty large mod list. Could you do me a favor and test if disabling Assorted Crazy Things stops these errors? I have encountered these MessageBuffer errors when I was testing that mod (albeit only one error line, not 50+)

This is a pretty large mod list. Could you do me a favor and test if disabling Assorted Crazy Things stops these errors? I have encountered these MessageBuffer errors when I was testing that mod (albeit only one error line, not 50+)
I could try that when I have some time, yeah. I'll get back with results sometime later.

Welp I forgot to ever get back to this, but playing Terraria again and it's reared its ugly head... Again.
Modlist is different and MUCH smaller this time. I'm not the one hosting this time, but MessageBuffer errors are at it again.
TModLoader 0.11.5
List this time is:

Auto Trash
Boss Checklist
Calamity
Calamity Music
Census
Even More Modifiers
Extensible Inventory
Helpful Hotkeys (Running this Clientside only)
Leveled
Magic Storage
Mod Helpers
No Angler Timer
No More Tombs
Recipe Browser
Thorium
Unleveled
WeaponOut
Which Mod Is This From?
Wing Slot
WorldGen Previewer
Wormholes
Yet Another Boss Health Bar

The mods which are in both instances are as follows:
Auto Trash
Boss Checklist
Magic Storage
Mod Helpers
No Angler Timer
No More Tombs
Recipe Browser
WeaponOut
Wing Slot
Wormholes
Census Was added after issue started last time
Helpful Hotkeys Clientside Only
Which Mod Is This From? Clientside Only
Yet Another Boss Health Bar Clientside Only

Edit:
So far this is also ONLY occuring when I'm on the server, too. The host and another client are playing and have yet to encounter the error since I left.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom