Votes: 1 12.5%
  • delet dis

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thrilder

Steampunker
meteor showers and seasons is actually want i need

this is what a meteor looks likeView attachment 224645meteors have small explosions but they cant destroy tiles. they also fall from the sky during this event

Meteorite Archer

View attachment 224646

has 120 hp

deals 40 damage points

has a 3% chance of dropping the meteorite sword

ranged

undead ai

now we are bringing a type of arachnid into the overworld

meteorite crawler
View attachment 224647

View attachment 224648
has 70 hp

deals 10 damage points

rare

spider ai

melee

drops 10 meteorite bars and has a 5% chance of dropping a meteorite sword

meteor heads have a 20% chance of spawning in during this event

the meteorite sword

View attachment 224649

deals 40 damage points

50 knockback

hardmode

60 speed points

spawns in meteorites

here are the seasons:

summer (the corruption/crimson spreads a bit slower in hardmode) (bees spawn off camera) (ends in 5 in game days) (days and nights start a bit early)
message when summer starts: its summer

autumn/fall (bees start despawning) (leaves start to turn to a bit of an orangy color) (days and nights start to become a little bit darker) (ends in 6 in game days)
message when autumn starts: its autumn now

winter (ice slimes start spawning instead of regular slimes. except some) (it starts to snow) (there are no leaves on some trees) (ends in 5 in game days)
message when winter starts: it is now winter

spring (flower start growing so do leaves) (beehives are a bit rare) (it stops snowing) (ends in 4 in game days)
message when spring starts: spring has sprung

reply so the devs can see

Last edited:
I'm ambivalent about the meteor showers, but I do like the idea of seasons, especially with the new upcoming wind mechanic. The only thing I don't get is why the corruption slows down in summer. Is it a light thing, and longer days (not actually done in-game) halt its progression? I could kind of get behind that, but I'd think then it should spread faster in winter. And meanwhile, the Crimson makes sense to slow down in winter (cold hampers biological processes) and speed up in spring or summer.

Not wild about either of these ideas:

For meteor showers, we already have big meteorites with tiered resources and an enemy -- part of the pre-Hardmode progression even. Having small meteors randomly falling on the player and exploding, is not something I'd want to interact with, it's something for which I'd head underground until it went away.

Seasons: For starters, 6 days isn't even a full lunar cycle, you'd be having a 'year' for every three 'months' (edited to correct). ;) More fundamentally... the kinds of things that would signify the different seasons are more-or-less the same things that signify the biomes. We can already travel to find a hotter, cooler, lusher or more barren environment. Or even one with more bees and flowers. ;-) To have a seasonal beat laid over the physical separation just seems overcomplicated to me.

Last edited:
Meteor event could be good, bu you don’t give a lot of information about it.
There’s not enough enemies. You only have 2, and based on their names, they are reskinned. They could not be, but as you give exactly 0 ai info, when have nothing to go on. Also please try and make the sprites smaller, they currently take up half my iPad screen. You also don’t have anything about how it starts, but we can assume it starts in Hardmode. Meteor archer drops the meteor sword, which make sure no sense because they are an archer, why would they have a sword?

The seasons would probably be better off with just a visual leaf change on trees. No one wants to be menaced by bees. Ice slimes spawning on grass/something that’s not snow would look weird.
The status messages feel way too long, and unterraria like.
I add some ones that I feel are more terraria like: (they would appear in a color that reflects their season to avoid confusion with boss fights)
The sun shines hotter..
Leaves start to fall..
Snow brushes past your face..
Plants start to regrow..

Overall a lot could be done with these ideas, but several things could be rethinked.

Wait, why is this in the MOBILE section? Ideas should be for ALL platforms, not Just one.

You changed it to where the meteor spider has a 50% chance of dropping a sword. That’s gonna clog up ur inv real fast. 5% chance would probably be better,

I just like the idea on adding a New event. Because in my opinion there doesn’t seem to be enough. Like maybe some silly Event’s similar to Slime is Raining from the Sky. Great idea..!

Back
Top Bottom