Short Story Fallen From Grace, a Holy Warrior's Tale

Ravvynfall

Duke Fishron
Hi guys, so I decided to copy a short story that I had originally written for the TO page and bring it over here. After re-reading what I had written back then, I am strongly considering adding on to it and making it an ongoing story. Feel free to let me know what you think!

I, am Michael Gideon Greives, and I am.....I was a holy knight, a warrior, a defender of the light. However, this is not the case these days. You see, I am a cursed man. It all goes back to when I had heard the tale of an ancient guardian of the underworld. Legends foretold that any soul brave enough and strong enough may make a sacrifice of life and call upon the guardian and do battle with it. Those who succeed gain access to tremendous power to do good, or bring great evil. Being a holy warrior, I would use that power for good, it was only rational right? Seeking higher power for the good of mankind, I traveled for weeks until I finally found myself in the underworld, hell, tartarus, the lake of fire, take your pick on names, it is the all the same. I found myself in a realm of great evil, demons big and small began to swarm me with extreme prejudice. Wave after wave of evil came crashing down upon me, and I endured, fighting with a fanatic's passion, I overcame the demons and unleashed the power of the divine. Then, I had felt something tear deep into my very soul, and my world turned black, a dark purple circular blade came out through my chest from behind. I was dazed, and heard wings flapping near. In that moment, I swallowed my fear and reached deep inside me and found my will, I tore away from the blackness and my sight slowly returned to me. Flying over me was a large winged demon with a gaping maw, screeching down at me. The demon began chanting in an ancient tongue, weaving its dark spell to cast down upon me. I lept up high, I lept, I all but flew.....

I don't have memory of what happened after I killed the demon and before I had awoke after it was done. But now, I find myself a prisoner, I am lost in the bowels of this strange labyrinth, this....dungeon...so much hate in my heart. so....much.....hate......

[original link]
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/fallen-from-grace-a-holy-warriors-tale-short-story.123614/

I hope you guys enjoy reading, because I enjoyed writing it :)

Back
Top Bottom