1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

tModLoader Fargo's Mutant Mod: Summons and Souls

Discussion in 'Works-in-Progress' started by Fargowilta, Apr 7, 2016.

1. pimhazeveld

pimhazeveld Terrarian

I haven't tried the mod yet with with masochist but please tell me that it starts disabled and needs some item to enable boss spawning for people who don't want to go around the world with bosses spawning all the time.

2. lightbowser1

lightbowser1 Skeletron Prime

are you sure that you re not mistaking the mutant with the abomination npc?, because mutant sells boss summoning items, the "abomination" npc sells invasion items.

Fargowilta likes this.
  3. Fargowilta

Fargowilta The Destroyer

Yes this is how it works
    It can be turned off too

4. pimhazeveld

pimhazeveld Terrarian

Wait. That's kinda confusing. What I understand now is that it starts disabled and can be enabled with an item but also can be turned off (which is the same as disabling) is this how it works or is it different?

5. Killergoonie

Killergoonie Terrarian

I just recently downloaded this mod and am loving it but I have come across a personal issue. I just made the "Soul of Terraria" and all the summons that come from it keep me from actually dealing damage myself about 80% of the time. And I have tested it with removing the item and having it on and the difference of damage I do is insane. So is there a way to disable the summons that comes with the item?

6. Fargowilta

Fargowilta The Destroyer

yes it starts disabled
    you use the same item to enable or disable it
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 9, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 9, 2018 ---
    there is a toggle menu, set a hot key in settings->controls

7. Killergoonie

Killergoonie Terrarian

Oh, i didn't see that before. I went through the settings before and didn't see any hotkeys for this mod. Guess i'm just blind then. Sorry for the waste of time.

8. pimhazeveld

pimhazeveld Terrarian

Thank you. That's exactly what I wanted.

9. Killergoonie

Killergoonie Terrarian

I should really learn to read. I was just reading what pimhazeveld was asking about and it made me double check the options menu for the mod and i saw splitting enemies. i was wondering why i was fighting around 200 ice queen constantly.

10. EdgeLord101

EdgeLord101 Terrarian

Thank you! Yes, I gotta admit, I mixed them up because I didn't realise there are multiple npcs added!

lightbowser1 likes this.
  11. lightbowser1

lightbowser1 Skeletron Prime

theres another npc the lumberjack but he only sells different wood types

12. Aiden 2

Aiden 2 Terrarian

can you make the soul of dimensions compatible with flight shoes?

13. LoadingSir

LoadingSir Terrarian

How about you make like a starter weapon that people choose, like someone could choose mage and it will have stats that can be upgraded (damage for xp maybe? )

14. HiddenLime

HiddenLime Terrarian

Yeah, it's not for me, which is really bizarre. The projectile has the .thrown quality, and it seems like all the other enchantments work. I'm going to look into that tonight.
    (Also I love this mod. I've done like 50 playthroughs with various mods but I've always had this one. It's so useful)

The creator of Boss Checklist, who's active still I believe, has a system that lets any mod creator add their boss to the checklist. Very similar to what you do for the mods you support, I think, but you could try asking them if you're interested in making that work. Probably be pretty useful in the future.

Fargowilta likes this.
  15. pimhazeveld

pimhazeveld Terrarian

In the meantime for me the gladiator enchant works on the jellyfish summoned by the Jelly Pond Wand for some reason.

16. HiddenLime

HiddenLime Terrarian

Lmao. I think it's because the jellyfish projectile is accidentally set to thrown. And as it turns out I was being stupid and had the projectile.thrown set to false. Gotta love coding.

17. EpicRedZero

EpicRedZero Terrarian

Hey Fargo I've been wondering why the 5 enchantment combinations "Force of something" exist as you have to make them at the Crucible of the Cosmos anyways.
    There's not really any progression between crafting the combinations and the end product Soul of Terraria, so why not make the "Force of" items craftable at the mythril anvil?
    Every "Force of" item besides Force of Earth would locked behind late-hardmode anyways as you can craft some of the components only that late in the game.
    Or do you think it would be too powerful?

18. Fargowilta

Fargowilta The Destroyer

kinda true, mainly because of the 14 recipe limit lol, but I could make them crafted earlier I dunno

19. TheLoneGamer

TheLoneGamer Steampunker

I'm in support of the combinations being possible earlier. As it is now, by the time you can make any combination you can almost make the ultimate combination right away.

20. EpicRedZero

EpicRedZero Terrarian

Oh, I didn't know that there was a recipe limit.
    Would still be cool though if you'd be able to craft them earlier.