Weapons & Equip Faster than Light(ning boots)

Linkandar

Steampunker
I don't know about you, but the lightning boots aren't fast enough for me. Yes, they are fast, but not as fast as my hit-and-run-for-your-life-or-pay-for-it-dearly tactics would prefer. I'm running out of slime and stone for Asphalt, (which is saying something considering how quick they fill up your inventory, but skybridges are expensive!!) and I'm too lazy to go get more. So, my solution is, QUARK BOOTS! (quarks are particles that may be capable of moving faster than light) For PC, it could drop from the Lunatic Cultist maybe and in Mobile and Console be crafted out of Souls of Blight (from Ocram) and Lighting Boots. They might look something like this, with sort of the glowy effect enchanted stuff has in Minecraft:

They'd have a huge boost to speed, which I'm not actually sure about. More than 35% and less than 80%? Comment what you think on this idea.

Honestly not necessary- the lightning (or frostspark boots- they don't really differ in terms of movement) boots are a mid-preHM item that's easy to obtain and serves its purpose through pre-HM. Once you enter HM you have wings and late-HM (especially by Lunar-esque tier) you have wings actually focused on horizontal movement and also the Unicorn mount, which is a mount basically entirely focused on speed (60 MPH, which is already almost double what the frostspark boots provide, tied for being the fastest mount in the game without being unreasonably hard to obtain.)

Also worth pointing out is the Minecart (66 mph) and Mechanical Cart (102 mph). If you're going to build a skybridge anyway, these save a ridiculous amount of time on travel.

ALSO- A 35-80 boost to movement speed is really not helpful- as it is, Lightning boots only boost basic movement by 8% and currently the highest movement speed modifier achievable is 27% (which requires a lot of archaic conditions to be met, such as being near a sunflower while having the panic buff on.) A movement speed modifier that's too high just makes the player difficult and irritating to control.

For moving accros my large world I use teleporters. Getting them installed is a drag, but the time saved is worth it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom