Favorite/Least favorite lunar event

Which lunar event is your favorite and which is your least favorite? (You have 2 votes one for each)

• Favorite: Nebula

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Favorite: Stardust

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Favorite: Solar

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Favorite: Vortex

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Least: Nebula

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Least: Stardust

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Least: Solar

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Least: Vortex

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

The_Jessinator

Official Terrarian
Which of the lunar pillars/moons/events are your favorite and least favorite?
It can be whatever reason. Appearance, difficulty, whatever.
My favorite is Stardust because I love the blue color.
My least favorite is Nebula because of the stupid brain sucklers.

I LOVE how to Vortex and Solar look! But Solar is so much harder than any of the others it isn't funny. Nebula I think has the most unique mobs and I think that would be my favorite, its still hard but manageable and fun.

Solar is my favorite because it is ridiculously easy even without a bunker and Nebula is my most hated because of the damn homing projectiles.

Favourite: probably Stardust, not because I find it the easiest. I like the atmosphere and the blue colours of it.

Least favourite: Solar. While it's atmosphere is pretty cool, the enemies are annoying if you haven't got a good weapon.

Stardust is my favorite for the looks of it.

Nebula's my least favorite and I don't even need to explain why.

I like Solar because of the strategy involved and having to stay on the ground.

I don't like Nebula because of those cheap Nebula Floaters. The Brain Sucklers add some challenge, which I like. But Nebula Floater + Brain Suckler = bogus.

My least favorite is Solar, because half of the tombstones say "Oleg was killed by Crawltipede", I really hate those things.

and My favorite is Vortex, because enemies aren't that hard to deal with, Plus you get the materials for the Phantasm, witch is the strongest Pre-Moon Lord weapon.

1)Vortex is cool, it looks badass. Also, the enemies are cool and it's not too difficult, while not being too easy. That's why it is my favourite.
2)Stardust is my second favourite. It looks the coolest, but it's a bit average in every other way.
3)Solar is my third favourite. It looks cool, but it's too easy.
4)Nebula is my least favourite. I'm not very good at dodging all the projectiles, there's those damn homing projectiles, and it doesn't look all that good IMO. I just don't like the style.

Vortex is probably my favorite I find no real threat in it... which makes it easy
Solar I hate the countless time crawlitipedes start swarming me when im 5 blocks off the ground!:mad: I also cant stand the one shots im a ranger so defense is a need but when I lack it I always die at solar

I like the Vortex the most because the Enemies are variations of Aliens (and possibly a reference to the Alien Movies), and it is fun to fight the Vortex Enemies while having to worry about getting hit by an anti-gravity bullet.

Least is Nebula because of the Nebula Floaters that are very difficult to kill and can be deadly when you're dealing with several of them. The enemies overall also have a projectile that homes in on you which can be difficult to spot as it gets near and under your character.

Stardust is my favorite because it has the most interesting gimmick in the form of its splitting enemies. Meanwhile, Nebula and Vortex are completely boring to fight, but at least they don't suffer from the absolutely atrocious game design decisions that went into Solar, which is my least favorite by far.

I've argued in plenty of other places about why the Solar Pillar's gimmicks (specifically the Crawltipedes and Selenians) are terribly designed, but basically they're unfair, horribly telegraphed, way too punishing, and altogether just really badly implemented. It isn't even that the Solar Pillar is the hardest, since once you figure out its gimmicks it's quite easy to deal with, but by the time you figure out said gimmicks you'll have already died to them several times, if you ever figure them out at all. Which is not a good way to design a game.

If you wanna see a little more about my argument against the Selenians' mechanic specifically, there's a link in my signature that leads to a suggestion thread I made a while back proposing ways to improve it. The Crawltipedes' gimmick is also pretty badly designed but the Selenians are on a whole other level of bad ideas.

the easiest for me would probably be the stardust pillar, and the hardest would be the vortex pillar due to distorted ruining your mobility. for weapons and style, i would say solar.

Back
Top Bottom