fetching download URL *Hello developers?

gert

Terrarian
I don't get it, I see tons of complaint about the "fetching download URL" bug but can't find a solution or response from the developers.

Do you care?
Can you make at least some sort of official statement confirming the issue and/or try to give the impression your working on it?

Very dissapointing... but hey, I will explain it to my son because you guys won't or don't care.

I'm pissed too at the same bug. I thought the bug fix would be on Valentine's Day but apparently it wasnt. Guess we just have to wait...

I believe bug reports for 505 Games should go here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TerrariaMobileBugs

In my experience, there is very little point in "addressing" a bug like this; it won't get it fixed any faster, and there are tons of bugs to deal with.

505 will have the bug fixed when they can get it fixed, the best thing you can do is follow proper channels and make sure it is reported properly.

In my experience, there is very little point in "addressing" a bug like this; it won't get it fixed any faster, and there are tons of bugs to deal with.

don't you work for them?

maybe you can let them know in the lunch room that they should take care of the people that already bough the game instead of finding new ways to cash in such as toys and otherworlds...very annoying to see a company bragging about all they are doing and ignoring the issues with the game people already bought.

505 Games is a separate business. Telling Yamaha's violin division about a motorcycle problem does no good. :dryadsmile: (And 505 isn't even a division, it's completely separate.)

Leinfors actually works with the Redigit branch (I think?), while Mobile/Console users have their version ported by 505 Games and Code glue. Unfortunately, neither of them post or make themselves known much on the forums. Best bet is to email them, but you likely won't get much but an automated response.

Leinfors actually works with the Redigit branch (I think?), while Mobile/Console users have their version ported by 505 Games and Code glue. Unfortunately, neither of them post or make themselves known much on the forums. Best bet is to email them, but you likely won't get much but an automated response.
Look what i found on twitter:
Screenshot_2015-02-19-18-35-08.png

I don't get it, I see tons of complaint about the "fetching download URL" bug but can't find a solution or response from the developers.

Do you care?
Can you make at least some sort of official statement confirming the issue and/or try to give the impression your working on it?

Very dissapointing... but hey, I will explain it to my son because you guys won't or don't care.

Does your game crash right after you see that? Or do you see the first logo and then it crashes?

don't you work for them?

maybe you can let them know in the lunch room that they should take care of the people that already bough the game instead of finding new ways to cash in such as toys and otherworlds...very annoying to see a company bragging about all they are doing and ignoring the issues with the game people already bought.

I actually don't work with or for 505 Games. Technically, I am an approved moderator by Relogic, but Relogic has no active involvement or ability to fix bugs for the Mobile port.

Things like the toys made by Jazwares, or T:Otherworld, made jointly by Relogic and Engine, are detracting no attention or developer time away from the bugs which exist on the mobile version.

I am no developer and I have absolutely 0 control over the direction the game takes . . . at best, I can merely be a liaison between the forums and the one team I have contact with. This is not something I have neglected to use for the best benefit of the game when the opportunity has presented itself, but it is little more than that.

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but seems to have fixed our issue with the "fetching download URL" bug. My nephew has Terraria mobile on his Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. He encountered this issue and, after trying everything I could think of, I happened to notice that the date was off on his tablet. It was late March and his tablet thought it was mid-June. After changing the date, the app works perfectly. Hope this helps somebody.

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but seems to have fixed our issue with the "fetching download URL" bug. My nephew has Terraria mobile on his Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. He encountered this issue and, after trying everything I could think of, I happened to notice that the date was off on his tablet. It was late March and his tablet thought it was mid-June. After changing the date, the app works perfectly. Hope this helps somebody.

I suspect the date thing is a coincidence, and that the crashes were due to too much traffic on a download server. Once traffic got lighter the crashes ceased or became less frequent. Here's my reasoning.

My Android phone has always had its date and time set correctly. It got the "Fetching download URL" crash immediately after the update became available and I, along with umpty-jillion other players, began hammering the server. I probably started the game a dozen times, each resulting in exactly the same crash.

By now everyone knows that neither Albert Einstein nor Benjamin Franklin ever said "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." I kept doing the same thing over and over and after a pause of a few hours — how about that? — a different result occurred. The download succeeded, whatever was downloaded got decompressed, and the game proceeded into the character and world creation phases. (My old characters and worlds got trashed when I uninstalled and reinstalled; never got far so it doesn't matter.)

Now when I get to the point where "Fetching download URL" used to appear, I see "No download required" and the game begins normally.

I suspect the date thing is a coincidence, and that the crashes were due to too much traffic on a download server. Once traffic got lighter the crashes ceased or became less frequent. Here's my reasoning.

My Android phone has always had its date and time set correctly. It got the "Fetching download URL" crash immediately after the update became available and I, along with umpty-jillion other players, began hammering the server. I probably started the game a dozen times, each resulting in exactly the same crash.

By now everyone knows that neither Albert Einstein nor Benjamin Franklin ever said "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." I kept doing the same thing over and over and after a pause of a few hours — how about that? — a different result occurred. The download succeeded, whatever was downloaded got decompressed, and the game proceeded into the character and world creation phases. (My old characters and worlds got trashed when I uninstalled and reinstalled; never got far so it doesn't matter.)

Now when I get to the point where "Fetching download URL" used to appear, I see "No download required" and the game begins normally.
ya the time thing is a bug i tested it for months to make sure cause my tablet freaked out on the fact the time or date wasn't correct so ya make sure its right

Back
Top Bottom