Bethany
Last Activity:
Dec 12, 2018 at 1:33 PM
Programmer, multimedia developer

Share This Page

Bethany

Steampunker, Female

If you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss will turn around and say "… You lookin' at ME??" Mar 22, 2016

Bethany was last seen:
Dec 12, 2018 at 1:33 PM
    1. Bethany
      Bethany
      If you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss will turn around and say "… You lookin' at ME??"
      1. Omnir
        Omnir
        "just trying to see what your shirt says. I didn't mean to stare"
        Mar 26, 2016
        Bethany likes this.
      2. Bethany
        Bethany
        Ooo, nice save! I'll try to remember that for next time.
        Mar 26, 2016
    2. Bethany
      Bethany
      Is it possible to have too many synthesizers and effects? Maybe. But I'm doing my best to disprove it.
      1. Aurora3500
        Aurora3500
        It all depends on how they are used it seems like. I remember how I used to dislike the sound of an Electric Guitar, but after listening to certain types of songs that use the E. Guitar in a way sounding good to my ears, I began to appreciate it more. If the many synthesizers and effects blend well together I'd imagine the result will be fantastic.
        Feb 7, 2016
        Bethany likes this.
      2. Bethany
        Bethany
        Well, I try to choose wisely amongst the selection. Some go together predictably, others don't, and occasionally I discover combinations that ought to sound awful turn out to work really well. I rarely can guess ahead of time what will work and what won't — which means I've got lots of half-finished tracks lying around!
        Feb 7, 2016
        Aurora3500 likes this.
    3. Bethany
      Bethany
      Wanted to name a new mobile world "New Ashby-de-la-Zouch" — too long. "New Ashby-DLZ" will have to do. (A "Round the Horne" BBC comedy ref.)
      1. Daikonradish
        Daikonradish
        I had a few of those moments myself when I tried to name two of my PC worlds, too: Vorticon VI (The Amazing World of Gumball, first one) and Ryan Genno (Ryan AZWC, potential multiplayer Expert world).
        Jan 18, 2016
        Bethany likes this.
      2. Bethany
        Bethany
        hashtag: world-naming first-world problems
        Jan 18, 2016
        Daikonradish likes this.
      3. Daikonradish
        Daikonradish
        As it turns out, character limits should be a low priority. In that case, it would be the names you give to your worlds; I'm running out of ideas in that particular field.
        May 1, 2016
    4. Bethany
      Bethany
      Four and a half pounds of baking chocolate. Maybe it's time to… bake something chocolate? Yeah, I know — a crazy, out-in-left-field idea.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Gotcha!
      3. Bethany
        Bethany
        Wow — Fry and chibi Goku both! I'd better bake some brownies soon. ^_^
        Feb 17, 2016
        Gotcha! likes this.
      4. Gotcha!
        Gotcha!
        Damn, I should have posted a picture of myself. Now THEY are going to get the good stuff.
        The agony. ;__;
        Feb 17, 2016
        Bethany likes this.
    5. Bethany
      Bethany
      Visiting a music store this time of year really is a kick — when the people trying stuff out know how to play well, anyway! (They did.)
    6. Bethany
      Bethany
      Eeep! How in the world did I accumulate so much music-making software? Every time I think it's all installed I find something else.
    7. Bethany
      Bethany
      Just finished listening to Turangalîla. WOW. It'll take half an hour for my hair to stop standing on end. An astonishing piece of music.
      1. Techhunter_Talon
        Nov 5, 2015
        Bethany likes this.
      2. aWolfen
        aWolfen
        Turanga Leela like, from Futurama?
        Nov 5, 2015
        Bethany likes this.
      3. Bethany
        Bethany
        @Shadow_Mantis : Here's the version I listened to. Easy listening it's not! But rewarding if you absorb the atmosphere and give it time to sink in.

@aWolfen : Yuppers, kinda like — she was named after the musical piece. Futuristic music (for 1949, and for nowadays IMO), and a futuristic pilot. Good match. And a good catch on your part.
        Nov 5, 2015
    8. Bethany
      Bethany
      Freshly baked old-style English bread. Freshly baked southern U.S. chocolate chess pie flavored with Amaretto (almond liqueur). YUM.
      1. Pixel likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Bethany
        Bethany
        Strudel I've never tried to bake, but I love to eat it. Chocolate chess pie is sort of halfway between custard and fudge. The name's origin is unknown, but could come from an old-fashioned use of "cheese" to mean anything with cheese-like consistency.
        Oct 18, 2015
        Alabaster likes this.
      4. Bethany
        Bethany
        Oh, and it is called "chess." Allrecipes.com has several recipes. It's very easy to make, but very rich and packed with calories. Mine is close to this one, but with three eggs, more evaporated milk, less butter, and a few tablespoons of corn meal to thicken the filling: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/12581/chocolate-chess-pie-ii/
        Oct 18, 2015
      5. Pixel
        Pixel
        Bethany just managed to bring the monster inside of me that is my hunger. God, I need to taste this cake.
        Oct 18, 2015
        Bethany likes this.
    9. Bethany
      Bethany
      Business business business. Numbers. Yes, it is working. *is exhausted, with no time to play Terraria*
    10. Midnight Moonlight
      Midnight Moonlight
      I found one of those one day, but it's all dried up now...
      1. Bethany likes this.
      2. Bethany
        Bethany
        A four-leaf clover? I figure they bring as much good luck dried as fresh… which is none at all, but they're fun to find! I hope good things happen for you, clover or no.
        Oct 15, 2015
        Midnight Moonlight likes this.
    11. Bethany
      Bethany
      Hurricane prep time. Water, food, gasoline, check generator, charge & update all mobile devices. Looks like we're in for nasty weather.
      2. Bezixx
        Bezixx
        Well, thanks, though it's hard to expect changes, as for now. It goes down, rather than better.
        Oct 4, 2015
      3. Bethany
        Bethany
        It looks that way here in the US too. But remember the words of Martin Luther King (who paraphrased 19th-century Unitarian minister Theodore Parker): "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice." Work for good and hope for better times. They WILL come.
        Oct 4, 2015
      4. Bezixx
        Bezixx
        Well, my hope doesn't die, It's just the facts. And US has one of the best situations when it comes to money. Providing that for one USD you get one PLN in Poland, costs are like in USD, which is close to 4 PLN. Which means horribly high prices. Also the politics are on the low level, as well as lots of people here.
        Oct 4, 2015
    12. M the Mister
      M the Mister
      Lol sorry for switching you for a male, let me atone, I'll follow :)
      1. Bethany
        Bethany
        No worries! It's all good, as they say.
        Sep 29, 2015
        M the Mister likes this.
    13. Bethany
      Bethany
      Install iOS 8.4.1. Five minutes later, install iOS 9. Poor 8.4.1, gone before it began..
    14. Bethany
      Bethany
      1. WilliamD
        WilliamD
        But it's over now ;(
        Sep 15, 2015
      2. Bethany
        Bethany
        Indeed. In fact, so is the one I decided to start a thread on a few days ago. Tempus fugit!
        Sep 15, 2015
    15. Bethany
      Bethany
      To busy to play Terraria lately. Business business business, numbers! (Is this working?)
      1. Snickerbobble
        Snickerbobble
        Unikitty!
        Aug 28, 2015
        Bethany likes this.
      2. Bethany
        Bethany
        :) The similarity is inescapable. We think alike.
        Aug 28, 2015
    16. Bethany
      Bethany
      Beat Plantera on the second try. Spider Armor + Terra Blade = wrong approach. Turtle Armor + Megashark + Chlorophyte Bullets = NEXT PHASE.
      2. Bethany
        Bethany
        I tried Spider Armor + Optic Staff (with TB backup) first. It didn't work out. My Frost and Chlorophyte Armor were back at the base when I decided to take on Plantera. To the rest of the why-nots, I'm not particularly interested in minimaxing. It's a game, not an engineering competition. As long as I win without dying too many times it's progress. Next Plantera will face a tougher me.
        Aug 10, 2015
      3. Bezixx
        Bezixx
        INITIATE PHASE ONE. POWER UP THE BASS CANNON. FIRE.
        Aug 14, 2015
        Bethany likes this.
      4. Bethany
        Bethany
        Wubs! Vinyl Scratch for the win.
        Aug 14, 2015
        Bezixx likes this.
    17. Bethany
      Bethany
      Sorry, Zulily and Zappos. I don't/won't buy dresses or shoes over the Internet. So let me uninstall the app and stop showing me adverts, 'k?
    18. Bethany
      Bethany
      I just found two bucks in the back yard… but after a few minutes they ran away.
      1. Azu and 360Chadscope like this.
    19. Bethany
      Bethany
      Woo hoo, I made the news! Popular Mechanics: "what we in the business call 'deep nerd.'" Tygodnik Powszechny (Poland): "Krater Pirxa".
      2. Bethany
        Bethany
        We must each reach for fame however we're able. [/sententious]
        Jul 28, 2015
      3. TTSp00k the Invincible
        TTSp00k the Invincible
        My name appeared in a newspaper once.

This was my initial reaction-
        Jul 29, 2015
        Bethany likes this.
      4. Bethany
        Bethany
        Ha!
        Jul 29, 2015
    20. Bethany
      Bethany
      Amusing: People who fling insults at devs who don't implement their pet features, but who have never written a line of code in their lives.
      1. Silverlancer likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Bethany
        Bethany
        Mississippi? Sounds like mozzie home base. I hope they keep leaving you alone!
        Jul 28, 2015
      4. Silverlancer
        Silverlancer
        That'd be like saying the Mediterranean sea isn't a part of the Atlantic Ocean

You can be the ocean without being the sea, but the sea is always the ocean
        Jul 28, 2015
      5. Bethany
        Bethany
        Re: Ocean vs. sea: Insults improve nothing. They're adversarial, and all they can do is hurt feelings. Constructive criticism is aimed at improving what's being criticized. It's collaborative. Big diff.
        Jul 28, 2015
  • About

Programmer, multimedia developer
    Re-Logic Games Owned:
    • Terraria: PC
    • Terraria: Mobile
    • Pixel Piracy