Fire Emblem

Shika

Empress of Light
Fire Emblem is a strategy game series that takes place in a medieval-esque land of swordplay, magic, weapon triangles, shipping, and much, much more. Unfortunately, several games from the series only ever made a Japan release, but as a result of Marth's appearance and Roy's debut in Super Smash Bros. Melee, the rest of the world can enjoy this series.

As usual, try to keep majour spoilers in spoiler tags.

To fuel discussion, which games from the series do you own?

I don't own any, but I played the demo of Awakening and I want it. My friend says I should get Awakening as well, but I don't have money for it.

I own Sacred Stones and Awakening, and I've played the one with Lyn, Eliwood & Hector on an emulator.

Sacred Stones was too easy, Lute practically solo'd the entire story with "Fire"
Awakening on the hardest difficulty (L+) was difficult for the first few chapters... well chapter 2 specifically because I didn't want anyone to die and those randomized skills on the enemies were being trollish, but after that it was pretty easy too.

I loved how in Awakening you could make your own unit. Mine ended up being a badass bow wielding assassin for most of the storyline but in the endgame I ended up level capping her in every available class (Pre premotes included) just to collect all the skills. She stayed as a Sorcerer afterwards.

I got Sacred Stones and Awakening, and I never let anybody die.

I intend to beat the game on Lunatic Mode someday, but if you intend on keeping everyone alive, then the biggest obstacle is, as mentioned, Chapter 2. Up until its completion, playing the game is reliant mainly on whether or not RNGsus deems you worthy of continuing.

The vast amount of shipping in Awakening makes it worthy of the title "Waifu Simulator 2014", what with it making for a third of the entire gameplay. I married Robin to Anna during my initial playthrough, then Yarne my second. I typically try to ship according to the default hair colour of the child. Due to all of the possible combinations, Awakening has massive replay potential.

So what are some notable combinations that make for amazing children? I'm curious to learn what other people's setups are.

I got Sacred Stones and Awakening, and I never let anybody die.

So what are some notable combinations that make for amazing children? I'm curious to learn what other people's setups are.

I actually didn't use any children on my Lunatic+ Classic playthrough. I actually only used 6 units (3 mains, 3 supporters):
Ery(My custom unit) +Speed/-Defense with Spotpass Jaffar as support
Olivia with Chrom as support
Nowi with Gaius as support

Obviously Ery couldn't be with Jaffar as he was a spotpass character but the other 2 got together and had babies, I never used them though so I don't know if they any good.
-My profile card & Pairings

Firemblemery3.jpg fireemblemery2.jpg Fireemblemery.jpg

I want to get Awakening. As a Pokémon player, what should I expect from this type of RPG?

It'll be kinda like a Nuzlocke challenge if you play on classic. 1 of each character and they all die permanently when they killed.

Last edited:
I've played a few of them, I especially liked the GBA versions,
Though I disliked it in the original fire emblem (for non-japanese countries, Blazing sword I believe) that you can't go back once you progress, and getting stuck may even end up playing the whole game again. maybe it's because I'm not good in games like that. But I really like the RPG/chess style of it. I wish I know more similair games like this.

I spent 225 turns level-grinding Olivia to level 30 by having her dance to Virion atop a mountain like there was no tomorrow. Success?

I own every Fire Emblem that has seen a Western release, and I've played all of them in English due to translations patches. Personally my favorite Fire Emblem game is Path of Radiance. I would like Awakening more, but most of the difficulty of the game comes from artificial RNG nonsense in the form of Lunatic + (That and Lunatic is only hard for the first 4 chapters.) Awakening is still second or third on my list, but it fell short due to it lacking any non RNG challenge. Sacred Stones is incredibly easy. Even if they hadn't added the world map. Most of the enemies were just weaker than you without any grinding in random encounters, or the Tower you can visit. Radiant Dawn has a difficulty form due to the Dawn Brigade. I know that if you can train them, they can be some of your best units. Have fun training them though. They don't get many chances to get EXP easily, and even get a few EXP sponges you have to refrain from using.

I was going to create a Fire Emblem thread but it appears someone else beat me by 5 almost 6 years.

Fire Emblem is perhaps one of my favorite series. It is the only anime I enjoy, the gameplay is good and the stories are even better. I’ve been feeling the vibes to play some of the games again but I’m having a hard time finding good opportunities to do so thanks to school.

I‘m still yet to beat Three Houses, I’m getting discouraged to do so as my brother forced me to play in hard mode (I suck at these games!) but I’m hoping by doing so I could actually get better at strategy.

Back
Top Bottom