Mobile Fishing Issue

Jessyma2018

Terrarian
Edit: Just found out I can fish in the ocean. So maybe my pools aren't big enough?

Currently, I cannot fish/cast at all. I've read articles and forums of others experiencing the same issue, however, their suggestions have not worked for me.

I constructed 3 different fishing rods and have tapped, swiped, and dang near smashed my phone to make it work. My character stands around doing nothing. Uber frustrating.

Please help.

Last edited:
You need a decent-sized pond. On desktop it's easy to know, but on mobile you have to make something that looks huge due to screen crunch.

Edit: Just found out I can fish in the ocean. So maybe my pools aren't big enough?

Currently, I cannot fish/cast at all. I've read articles and forums of others experiencing the same issue, however, their suggestions have not worked for me.

I constructed 3 different fishing rods and have tapped, swiped, and dang near smashed my phone to make it work. My character stands around doing nothing. Uber frustrating.

Please help.
Hi @Jessyma2018, welcome to the forums. :)

If you’ve got some screenshots of the ponds you’ve made we can take a look and let you know if they look big enough. You do need fairly big ponds for fishing to be successful.

I have experienced (only on the mobile version) that if the pond is way too small the game won’t register it as a pond and won’t cast a line. On PC and console it’ll cast a line anywhere, even if you’re flying and nowhere near water, it doesn’t matter. But on mobile I’ve stood next to water and can’t get it to cast. So my suggestion is to increase the pond size more than you think. It’s can be a hassle for sure though.

Back
Top Bottom