Items Fishing Quest Reward - Better Bug Net

LOLPerson

Terrarian
The bug net is a highly useful item, and the golden bug net is a natural and instinctive improvement (larger, faster, and can destroy grass tiles). However, I think this part of the game could use a little more love. Therefore, I think a third item could reasonably be added to this progression: a Bug Net Gun/Cannon/Thrown item. There are many times when catching a critter or bug from afar would be both useful and fun. Furthermore, this kind of tool could allow for the capture of multiple critters/bugs at once if aligned properly (the net could pick up all creatures in a line until it hits a solid block, for instance). For balance reasons, I would suggest making the Golden Bug Net available specifically pre-hardmode from Fishing Quests and the Bug Gun post-hardmode.

What do you guys think?

Sounds like a great idea, this would make bug catching much more enjoyable and would make catching those Truffle worms a lot less annoying.

This is a really good point. Duke Fishron is already a sort of "fishing" boss (emphasis on "sort of"), so a fishing quest reward that makes acquiring the worms more consistently for accessing him makes a lot of sense!

You wouldn't need to get close to the truffle worm and end up scaring them away
If you think that's the hard part of truffle worm hunting, you're very wrong. The hard part is getting the darn things to spawn in the first place.
Plus, you'd still need a line of sight to use it, and that's not exactly the easiest thing to do with how mushroom biomes are shaped.

If you think that's the hard part of truffle worm hunting, you're very wrong. The hard part is getting the darn things to spawn in the first place.
Plus, you'd still need a line of sight to use it, and that's not exactly the easiest thing to do with how mushroom biomes are shaped.
I know that's the hardest part, but you know what's just as hard? Finding the damn thing, of course

Back
Top Bottom