**REPORTED** (Fixed as of 1.4.4.9) Chlorophyte Extractinator Can't Convert Between Tissue Samples and Shadow Scales

deathdiedtoday

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Auto-select can select tissue samples and shadow scales when hovering over the chlorophyte extractinator (even though neither can currently be processed through one). I assume that these materials are supposed to convert between one another, given that they are corruption/crimson equivalents of one another, as well as the fact that the wiki states the chlorophyte extractinator can convert between the two.
I confirmed that this glitch is present on PC (Steam version, Windows 10) and mobile, but I haven't been able to confirm it on the Playstation, Xbox, Switch, or Steamdeck.

Note: This issue was fixed in version 1.4.4.9

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge, the Chloro. Extractinator has never been able to convert between Crimson / Corruption items aside from Demonite and Crimtane Ore. I was not able to reproduce an issue; smart cursor and auto-select did not select Crimson / Corruption items to put in the Extractinator.

Could you please attach a screenshot or GIF showing the behaviour you're seeing? Thanks!

I attached two annotated screenshots depicting this issue. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Chlorophyte Extractinator Bug Inventory.png
    Chlorophyte Extractinator Bug Inventory.png
    681.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Chlorophyte Extractinator Bug Auto Select.png
    Chlorophyte Extractinator Bug Auto Select.png
    649.3 KB · Views: 117
Thank you for the screenshots.
Not sure what's going on here sorry. Even if my inventory had nothing but Tissue Samples / Shadow Scales, auto-select was not suggesting anything. For comparison, I tried some Silt Blocks and saw they were auto-selected.

The only other thing I can think of is that there is an unusual bug that can happen with auto-select sometimes where it picks an inappropriate item from the same column as a tool it should be using. (Been a while since I've seen this, so will have to check and refresh my memory.) It may be auto-select trying to select the torch but ending up with the Tissue Samples instead (which is in the same column).

Thank you for your response. I'm just trying to make sure: are you using a chlorophyte extractinator, or a regular extractinator? The auto select bug doesn't work with a normal extractinator. Also, the bug is pretty consistent for me - it doesn't matter where the tissue samples are in the inventory as long as there aren't any chlorophyte extractinator compatible items before them in the inventory.

I've tried with both, in case one Extractinator had unusual behaviour the other didn't. I'll check if anyone else can reproduce it.

You are correct, Tissue Samples and Shadow Scales were meant to be interchangeable via the Chloro Extractinator, but I see why they aren't working now. I'll look into a solution, but its possible we might need to remove them from the pool (or possibly move them to Shimmer instead as a worst case solution).

You are correct, Tissue Samples and Shadow Scales were meant to be interchangeable via the Chloro Extractinator, but I see why they aren't working now. I'll look into a solution, but its possible we might need to remove them from the pool (or possibly move them to Shimmer instead as a worst case solution).

shimmer would be really awesome for pre-hardmode characters in some world configurations, but i'm guessing you didn't want us doing this that early if you were tying it to the chloro-extractinator. though it's waaay past when it'd be relevant at that point.

The point of the Chloro Extractinator was to offer alternative sources for players who needed them for completionist purposes, or perhaps building. It was meant to be past their tier-appropriate relevance.

Back
Top Bottom