Items Flash Light

Could this work?

• Total voters

GAMINGPEA_64

Skeletron Prime
Sold by the Merchant for 4 gold, You can use the flash light to be able to see better. It wouldnt pass through walls, but if you keep it off and flash it into an enemies face, it would stun them for a little, this wouldnt work on bosses how ever.
And, using mana with the flash light, you can unleash a rainbow light for a while, which can go throw walls, can stun enemies for a little longer, and, if shined onto wiring (E.g: Active blocks), It would show you the wiring, which can be useful for looking for traps. It would take up some mana, however.
What do you think?

This could be a neat idea for a Luigi's Mansion-referencing weapon, but if it's just a flashlight, I'd agree with TheWorfer27.
Also, uh, check the bottom right corner of your original post real fast. "Edit" should be present.

So there's an unused dazed debuff which means that they've already tried a stun weapon before. When I was testing a mod, I noticed that the dazed debuff broke the queen bee and would cause it to freeze in place forever. I'm sure this effect can break other enemy AI as well. So I think having the flash light be a light source and show wires is enough utility. Although it should be a very strong light source so that people would use it over torches.

So there's an unused dazed debuff which means that they've already tried a stun weapon before. When I was testing a mod, I noticed that the dazed debuff broke the queen bee and would cause it to freeze in place forever. I'm sure this effect can break other enemy AI as well. So I think having the flash light be a light source and show wires is enough utility. Although it should be a very strong light source so that people would use it over torches.
I said it wouldnt work on bosses.

1) Stun effects work, as seen here.
2) Dazed shouldn't completely stun, according to the wiki, at least.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way to apply a movement changing debuff on an enemy (except for those heart arrows). The way the game works makes it difficult for them to work properly. Interestingly, the heart arrows also cause the queen bee to freeze endlessly after one hit, according to the wiki. I know @GAMINGPEA_64 said the stun won't work on bosses but I'm curious if the stun breaks other charging enemies such as mothron.

Reactions: Bry
I suggest it to be a light source that have a long range but can only illuminate the direction it was pointed at and reveal wires (more practical this war rather than just a boulder trap stopper).
it would be a good idea to remove dazed, as it might be hard to implement (will it stop? If so, when? )
[doublepost=1539941193,1539940682][/doublepost]Wow, that was quick.

Back
Top Bottom