Resolved Fledgeling wings causes player to flicker.

superwill771

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Fledgeling Wings causes player to flicker faintly when flying with them.

I cannot reproduce this, I would need to see a gif to know what you are talking about specifically.

Not sure if that's what you mean but there is some flickering going on when flying while wearing armor that has innate glow effect to them.
It doesn't seem to be related to Fledgewing wings but rather than flying around with glowing armors (like for example Stardust Set) causes this. Its more visible in Retro lighting than in Color.
This seems like its pretty normal lighting behavior that is working as intended.

If this is not related and its not what you meant then nevermind what i said.

Last edited:
There are definitely some lighting relating "flickers" that can happen while flying with some armors and the like, just as you described.

But I haven't seen anything of that sort with "just Fledgling Wings". My suspicion is that its something else in play and the Fledgling Wings are just a red herring. Whether that something else is expected behavior or not, I won't be able to tell unless I can repro.

Unlikely, as its not emitting any light.

I suspect it is neither the Creeper costume nor the wings.

Do you have a light pet or a light-emitting armor on?

I saw some flickering with Fledgling Wings (whether it's the same as others or not, I'm not sure), but I did have the Wisp active. I'll retry without a light pet or other light source.

I tested without the Wisp. It seems to be related to lighting - with no light sources nearby, there is no flickering. With nearby light sources, there was flickering. I was able to reproduce this with other wings too, so it's not a problem specifically with Fledgling Wings.

I will close this bug report now; if anyone sees a case of this where lighting is not involved, please reply with more information (and if possible a GIF showing the issue). Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom