Weapons & Equip Flight Suit

kanped

Terrarian
At the minute, when a player reaches endgame level, regardless of what sort of build they have on their character, generally speaking 2 accessory slots will be taken up by Fishron Wings and Frostspark boots, both providing additional movement options to the player.
I feel that there are many accessories with really cool effects that largely go unused because 2/5ths of the slots are largely set in stone for pretty much any player.

Personally, some of my favourite gameplay in terraria is using the additional movement options to dodge attacks. it's something fairly unique to this game, where you can be trying to manage your health, mana and DPS all while performing physics based bullet-hell dodges and it feels great. The Hoverboard really added to that, with the great lateral movement mechanic but that item is also somewhat superseded by the Fishron Wings (though not entirely). The lateral movement aspect is also why Frostspark Boots are still required, even in the endgame.

To address this, I propose allowing players to combine Fishron Wings, The Hoverboard and the Frostspark Boots at a Tinkerer's Workshop to create a Flight Suit. This should maintain the properties of all of the items used to make it. I'm thinking something like mechanical wings with hover-boots for a general appearance but I'm no artist :p

It gives players all the most useful movement options in one neat package and frees up an extra accessory slot to make each player more unique, as different players can now experiment with alternative builds. This does make players *slightly* more powerful overall, as it basically grants an extra accessory slot (although it doesn't add an extra prefix) but since defeating Duke Fishron, as well as plenty of mining in the Hardmode Jungle are pre-requisites for it, I don't think this impacts the overall balance too much as only the 2 hardest Events in the game are left to do at this point. I don't think giving players a tiny bit of extra help with those breaks the game.

the new Betsy wings in the 1.3.4 update are close to fishron wings and hoverboard. They have almost the same flight time and speed as fishron wings, and can go very fast horizontally!

the new Betsy wings in the 1.3.4 update are close to fishron wings and hoverboard. They have almost the same flight time and speed as fishron wings, and can go very fast horizontally!
The original post was 2 years ago. I don't even think he is still on the forums anymore.

Betsy's wings don't allow you to move freely in liquids though, I think it is like a better version of the vortex booster instead

Back
Top Bottom